Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: World Juniors 2020

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: World Juniors 2020

I'll post a link up in the Free Dobber entries at some point this evening or tomorrow (Friday, 20th, US Eastern Time if that helps anyone in other timezones figure stuff out). Just been busy the past year or so and this is my first full week off so have been unwinding before jumping into anything!

I have the sign-up sheet (minus the captains) ready based on the Elite Prospects WJC page rosters. I'm moving forward with a D captain, but unsure how many names I'll put in there (3 or 6).
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Don't add G captains. This year there may be some clear cut options, but it's not the norm. Need the flexibility in the goaltending to work with the 5 max players rule. D captains are fine, so we choose 1F captain and 1D captain. Choose between 6F candidates and 3D candidates.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post

And regarding goalies, I don't know if there's much to do about it, but good chance that 99% of the teams go with Knight and Askarov. So I guess maybe we should consider making them captains as well... but metaldude seemed to think it's not necessary.
    I guess I'm in the vast minority then because these will not be my two choices.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Deity

I stopped taking Russian goalies a while ago. You simply cant trust who they will start, no matter how "big" the name is.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Pool is up!

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...obber-WJC-Pool

If anyone has good contacts with any of the people who still do the ramblings, if you can give them a shout to advertise it, I'd appreciate it! I used to have them, but I don't follow who writes and doesn't anymore, so I'm not sure...
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Pool is up!

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...obber-WJC-Pool

If anyone has good contacts with any of the people who still do the ramblings, if you can give them a shout to advertise it, I'd appreciate it! I used to have them, but I don't follow who writes and doesn't anymore, so I'm not sure...
    I've tweeted out the link. RIP your mailbox.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I've tweeted out the link. RIP your mailbox.
    You're the best, MD26

Dobber Sports Pro

anyone have a good link for free stream? out of Canada?
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Deity

Hoglander pulls off the Lacrosse type beauty goal.

https://twitter.com/lassialanen/stat...478600194?s=19

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hoglander pulls off the Lacrosse type beauty goal.

https://twitter.com/lassialanen/stat...478600194?s=19
    unreal, don't see that often in the WJC.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Pro

I liked when a Canadian coach snagged a puck going over the glass to save a penalty. Like an outfielder saving a home run. With how PP units were looking that was a potential game saver.

It feels like that should be penalized though.. anyone know if a rule exists here? What's to stop players on the bench from whacking pucks down with their sticks?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I liked when a Canadian coach snagged a puck going over the glass to save a penalty. Like an outfielder saving a home run. With how PP units were looking that was a potential game saver.

It feels like that should be penalized though.. anyone know if a rule exists here? What's to stop players on the bench from whacking pucks down with their sticks?
    They got away with one there. It went over the glass.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I wonder what the rule actually is? The puck went out at the Canadian Bench, so there is no glass, but appeared to be on a trajectory that would have put it over the glass had there been glass. It likely would have ended up in the stands if the golden glove thing hadn't happened, so I don't know how the Refs made the call they did, but ya, Canada likely dodged a bullet there.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

IIHF put together their All-Decade team. I cant imagine trying to decide who to take and who to leave off. So many good players in this tourney over the past 10 years.

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/...ll-decade-team

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post

NHL Rule 63.2: When any player shoots or bats (using his hand or his stick) the puck directly (non-deflected) out of the playing surface from his defending zone, except where there is no glass, a penalty shall be assessed for delaying the game. The determining factor shall be the position of the puck when it was shot or batted by the offending player. If contact with the puck occurs while the puck is inside the defending zone, and subsequently goes out of play, the minor penalty shall be assessed. When the puck is shot into the players’ bench, the penalty will not apply. When the puck is shot over the glass ‘behind’ the players’ bench, the penalty will be assessed. When the puck goes out of the playing area directly off a face-off, no penalty shall be assessed.

I didn't see the play in question, but if the puck didn't go over the glass - it's not a penalty. While the above is an NHL rule, the NHL also has a page that summarizes the difference between NHL and international rules, and puck out of play / delay of game … is not listed as being different.