Thread: Mittelstadt ??

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Mittelstadt ??

what is going on with this guy?

last night he played less than 10 min...is the team giving up on him...why can't they send him down to ahl for development?

is he still a buy low candidate?

Administrator

Default Re: Mittelstadt ??

It's just taking more time for him. Can't draw too many had conclusions this early.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

What eric said mainly but I'm adding that Mitts is still exempt from waivers and the only reason I can think of that Jason Botterill hasn't sent him down is because that would be bordering admitting that Mittelstadt shouldn't have been brought straight to the NHL and the Sabres weren't ready to trade away Ryan O'Reilly when they did.

Mittelstadt should be sent down to the AHL or moved up the line-up as a winger to at least find some confidence in my opinion.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    What eric said mainly but I'm adding that Mitts is still exempt from waivers and the only reason I can think of that Jason Botterill hasn't sent him down is because that would be bordering admitting that Mittelstadt shouldn't have been brought straight to the NHL and the Sabres weren't ready to trade away Ryan O'Reilly when they did.

Mittelstadt should be sent down to the AHL or moved up the line-up as a winger to at least find some confidence in my opinion.
    Couldn't disagree more. Ryan O'Reilly quit on the team. In public statements. Even if one doesn't like the return, he had to be traded to try to change the culture and attitude in the room. I think it's insane to think CM's status on the team right now has anything to do with the ROR trade.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Regardless...they seem to be ruining him...they have to sent him down if he is eligible not to pass waivers.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Corey Pronman listed CM recently in his "Guys I was too high on".
    He cites the fact that the USHL team that Mittelstadt played on wasn't of same talent-caliber/competition/numbers as the USHL/USNDTP 2019 draftees... and it may have skewed our ability to read him where he should be.
    Because as soon as that Hughes class was in-sight, we sort of back-applied USHL/USNTDP quality (we did same for Clayton Keller) to 2017 & 2018 kids.

In fairness... maybe there was a big*gap* after the top 5-6 picks (Hischier, Patrick, Heiskanen, Makar, Pettersson... Glass) of the 2017 draft class.
    7 was Lias Andersson, 8 was Mittelstadt, 9 was Michael Rasmussen, 10 Owen Tippett.
    11 Vilardi, 12 Necas, 13 Suzuki... then D until 19 Josh Norris, 20 Thomas, 21 Chytil, 22 Yamamoto.

Pretty much all of those guys from #7 onwards have struggled a bit in the last couple years.
    Top10 picks get a really tough ride on people being impatient for them, I think... or guys that are drafted very close to other guys popping.

People were WAY too hard on Dylan Strome for too long because he was sandwiched inside Marner (4th, 2015).
    If Marner had gone 3rd... people would've been way easier with Strome having Hanifin (5), Zacha (6) drafted near him.

I think Mittelstadt will *pop*... his talent is there.
    It is just likely that he's a Y4 type of kid... and won't pop in Y2 or Y3 like many hoped.