Thread: NFL yardage question

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default NFL yardage question

Probably should go to a NFL forum for this but don't feel like creating an account haha

Does anyone know how yards on a spot foul work? On 1st and 15, Russell Wilson had a 17 yard run last night that had a holding penalty downfield near where he was tackled. It was 1st and 8 after that.

I lost by 0.8 and he has Wilson.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: NFL yardage question

He finished with 5rushing attempts and 28yrds rushing.

On that play, I believe he would have gotten 7rushing yards (rushes 17, holding, gets called back 10 yards, 17-10=7).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Probably should go to a NFL forum for this but don't feel like creating an account haha

Does anyone know how yards on a spot foul work? On 1st and 15, Russell Wilson had a 17 yard run last night that had a holding penalty downfield near where he was tackled. It was 1st and 8 after that.

I lost by 0.8 and he has Wilson.
    I believe Wilson should be credited with all the yards up to the spot the foul occurred. So, if he ran for 17 yards and the foul occurred at 17 yards he should get all 17 yards credited to him.

BTW, I've played FF for decades and that's got to be one of the worst losses I've ever heard of. Sorry, to hear that.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I believe Wilson should be credited with all the yards up to the spot the foul occurred. So, if he ran for 17 yards and the foul occurred at 17 yards he should get all 17 yards credited to him.

BTW, I've played FF for decades and that's got to be one of the worst losses I've ever heard of. Sorry, to hear that.
    He lost by 0.8pts and had a MVP possible QB lay a stinker against him. He's lucky to of had it that close really.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He lost by 0.8pts and had a MVP possible QB lay a stinker against him. He's lucky to of had it that close really.
    We have no idea who the other players are on either team. Perhaps, guys who were expected to have big games for him didn't come through either? Wilson, for as great as he is, has games like this occasionally, usually on the road on grass. He had less passing yards that last two seasons at Los Angeles and had 9 more the year before that. Not his favorite place to play and bad matchup with Donald vs. their miserable OL.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)

Dobber Sports Titan

We have no idea who the other players are on either team. Perhaps, guys who were expected to have big games for him didn't come through either? Wilson, for as great as he is, has games like this occasionally, usually on the road on grass. He had less passing yards that last two seasons at Los Angeles and had 9 more the year before that. Not his favorite place to play and bad matchup with Donald vs. their miserable OL.
    You're right, but to lose by 0.8pts and the QB put up only like 8 (he had 4.6pts in my league but we have a high sack penalty) on the Sunday nighter...he was highly unlikely to pull off the win.

Had I been in his situation, I would've felt I had a chance to win, and he certainly did minus some late rushing yardage in basically garbage time. A very bitter pill to swallow.

Buddy of mine won his championship by a fraction of a point when Lindsay went out with that hand injury last season. If you're ahead in a game regardless of by how much that possibility you win is always there. Wilson vs. Donald and the Rams was a reason to get fired up that you could survive and win. Sucks to lose that way.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Immortal

Haha well....yes I was lucky because going into SNF we were tied and I had Woods vs his Wilson and Carson. So I thought I was done.

But.....I was projected to win by over 30 and scored 70 more than anyone in the league....including over 200 more than my opponent. Ridley/Parker played half the game or less.

So ya. All around crap.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Looks like you are correct. Ugggggggggggh. Such a tease.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Looks like you are correct. Ugggggggggggh. Such a tease.
    Looks like this is correct to me too, based on the boxscore:
    (1:47 - 4th) (Shotgun) R.Wilson scrambles up the middle to LA 41 for 17 yards (M.Fox). PENALTY on SEA-D.Moore, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at LA 41.

So +17 yards in rushing for Wilson, and -10 for the penalty.

Mind you, I don't play FF

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Looks like this is correct to me too, based on the boxscore:
    (1:47 - 4th) (Shotgun) R.Wilson scrambles up the middle to LA 41 for 17 yards (M.Fox). PENALTY on SEA-D.Moore, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at LA 41.

So +17 yards in rushing for Wilson, and -10 for the penalty.

Mind you, I don't play FF
    I think fantasy hockey has worse rules. Guys getting credited with goals and assists after games are over? That's ridiculous. Get it right that night. A giant Nylander fan on Twitter was bragging about a goal finally being credited to him by the league. This was DAYS later. I woke up to see my team had an assist credited to it that didn't come from last night's action. That shouldn't happen.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3