Thread: Time to drop Subban right? Help me just pull the trigger. (Yes, another Subban thread)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Time to drop Subban right? Help me just pull the trigger. (Yes, another Subban thread)

So I’ve been holding off dropping this guys forever. I’m not really sure why tbh. I thought maybe the coaching change would’ve done something to his production but I don’t see it happening. Pionk is available as a FA, it’s almost a no brainer at this point correct?
    10 Team keeper league
    Keep 6
    H2H in each categories:
    SKATERS: G, A, PIM, SOG, GWG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    GOALIES: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

ROSTER:

C- Matthews, RNH(C,LW), Giroux, Stuetzle
    RW- Boeser, Rust, Hartman (C,RW), Pasta
    LW- K.Connor, Debrincat (LW,RW), Skinner
    D- Trouba, Burns, Letang, Makar, Doughty
    Goalie- Markstrom , Bobrovsky, Saros
    IR-

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Time to drop Subban right? Help me just pull the trigger. (Yes, another Subban thread)

It's a perplexing situation. By most accounts he has looked horrible this year; its not just the numbers, you can really see his play has dipped. I would find it really hard to drop a guy like Subban tbh. Are you surviving without his production? If so then give it a little while longer. However, unless he's got an injury its hard to see things turning around. The one sliver of hope was that he was still shooting the puck - but even that seems to have dipped. With the Devils packing it in for the year early, I'm not sure if things get that much better. I wonder if you might be able to salvage something on the trade market - there are still likely people who see him as a buy low opportunity willing to part with something reasonable.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Time to drop Subban right? Help me just pull the trigger. (Yes, another Subban thread)

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    It's a perplexing situation. By most accounts he has looked horrible this year; its not just the numbers, you can really see his play has dipped. I would find it really hard to drop a guy like Subban tbh. Are you surviving without his production? If so then give it a little while longer. However, unless he's got an injury its hard to see things turning around. The one sliver of hope was that he was still shooting the puck - but even that seems to have dipped. With the Devils packing it in for the year early, I'm not sure if things get that much better. I wonder if you might be able to salvage something on the trade market - there are still likely people who see him as a buy low opportunity willing to part with something reasonable.

Ive been trying to package him up with Burkovsky for Chabot. I’m 6th of 12 right now. Currently sweeping the 2nd place team. But I’d rather not wait it out to be honest, wanna try and catch up to first place obviously. The longer I wait the more I risk losing out on category wins. I’ll try for a few more days to try and make a trade with those two players I mentioned. Thanks A LOT for your perspective.
    10 Team keeper league
    Keep 6
    H2H in each categories:
    SKATERS: G, A, PIM, SOG, GWG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    GOALIES: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

ROSTER:

C- Matthews, RNH(C,LW), Giroux, Stuetzle
    RW- Boeser, Rust, Hartman (C,RW), Pasta
    LW- K.Connor, Debrincat (LW,RW), Skinner
    D- Trouba, Burns, Letang, Makar, Doughty
    Goalie- Markstrom , Bobrovsky, Saros
    IR-

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRookie View Post
    Ive been trying to package him up with Burkovsky for Chabot. I’m 6th of 12 right now. Currently sweeping the 2nd place team. But I’d rather not wait it out to be honest, wanna try and catch up to first place obviously. The longer I wait the more I risk losing out on category wins. I’ll try for a few more days to try and make a trade with those two players I mentioned. Thanks A LOT for your perspective.
    Based on this you are focused on this year and not building. That being the case, I don't think Subban is going to help you at all, the NJ train wreck is not likely to reverse itself any time soon. It's tough, but I would recommend you part company with PK and try and move forward. I'd try and trade him obviously, you never know, the name still has some perceived value for some, but a bag of pucks + seems to be where his current value lies. Good Luck.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf