Thread: Deep Dynasty multicat Zadina v Chytil

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Deep Dynasty multicat Zadina v Chytil

Pretty straight forward. Who would you prefer long term in a 16 team multi cat (bangers) league?

I am definitely leaning Chytil. Thought the majority’s would but then hearing some good on Zadina.

Basically, I’d think they have similar goal and assist upside but Chytil eventually adding FOW and maybe decent hits and/or PIM as he dev lops. HES got the frame to be physical at least.

ZAdina maybe getting more goals, but Chytil fair amou t more assists. Although not this year so far, Chytil getting more goals and few assists so who knows?

But yea, I’m still leaning Chytil by a fair margin. Especially since he will likely have Center and RW or LW eligibility. And also that i thnk Chytil was a bit more advanced a year or so younger than where Z was at that age. I thought at least.

Thoughts?
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Deep Dynasty multicat Zadina v Chytil

BUmp.

Didn’t see a previous thread directly comparing the two. Might have missed
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think it's kind of a difficult question.

I do expect Chytil to have more FOW, as Zadina is primarily a winger. Zadina's the guy with more Hits & Blocks per game (NHL) right now, which is the opposite of what your expecting, but it's close.

FOW from the wing are a nice thing, and that's a reasonable reason to prefer one over the other, but if you have room, both seem pretty good options.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think it's kind of a difficult question.

I do expect Chytil to have more FOW, as Zadina is primarily a winger. Zadina's the guy with more Hits & Blocks per game (NHL) right now, which is the opposite of what your expecting, but it's close.

FOW from the wing are a nice thing, and that's a reasonable reason to prefer one over the other, but if you have room, both seem pretty good options.
    Thanks and yes it’s not easy. Guess I was trying to get an idea of value for each. And you’re right, Zadina does currently have the edge in hits and blocks. However, I would expect Chytil to catch up quite a bit once he fills in that frame. Zadina, all things being considered, looks to have matured in to his body earlier. Chytil, from what I can tell still has some room. And he doesn’t seem shy about getting physical so I would at least hope there is more to come in that department.

Scoring however, is where I find it most difficult to value the two. I do think they both have similar scoring potential. Zadina probably has the better opportunity right now to play with talent. Chytil will likely take a few more years. But once he starts getting power play time, I’d expect his scoring to increase a fair amount. At least one would have to expect his eventual use on the PP. he has definitely shown he Can be electric offensively.

More than anything, I’ve run into quite disparate opinions when it comes to a Chytil. Some think he will max out at 50 to 60 points. So even perhaps expecting too much in the opposite direction predicting 90 points or something like that.
    While opinions on Zadina seem to be more consistent. MOst either think he will be a PPG type player or somthing of a bust.

I’m just trying too see if others think Chytil has a similar scoring ceiling as I do. Perhaps im too much of a homer though to have a clearer picture. But I’d put him somewhere from 75-PPG in his prime if he reaches his potential of course..
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think that right now, the Rangers have more talent on the NHL roster, although some of that may move off and be replaced by other talent. If you are worried about homerism on Chytil, try the Ranger thread, it's reasonably active, and you'll likely get some different takes.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I prefer Zadina to Chytil long term but if FOW are a thing, then Chytil should bump his value there too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think in situation like that you go with higher upside and thats Zadina...we have no clue where both of them will settle but i think Zadina has higher offensive potential....you can find FoWs elsewhere if needed, that should not be a deciding factor imo..
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If it's an open question and there are arguments for both sides then I go with the more proven/safer option - Chytil.

Zadina's still riding the hype that suggested he should have been 3rd overall two years ago. Then teams passed on him for guys like Hayton and Kotakaniemi. The dude still hasn't even produced at the AHL level let alone NHL. Prospects from the Q often have to work out a lot of warts but still, Chytil looks good in the NHL right now. Maybe Zadina has a higher upside of like 5 or 10 points but he could also be a bust. I don't personally think he will be, but he's showing nothing to the contrary yet.

Detroit also looks to be in for some real tough years whereas the Rangers build has gone off just about perfectly in such a short time.