Thread: Is Olofsson a sell high???

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Is Olofsson a sell high???

HeÂ’s been pretty consistent all year, and the advanced stats suggest that itÂ’s sustainable. .83ppg. Probably a top 5 shot release in the NHL. From what IÂ’ve read from Sabres fans, he is showing visible improvement at 5 on 5, and at his all around game in general. HeÂ’s a rookie, so you would obviously think that thereÂ’s room for progression.

But part of me is thinking that he is a 24 year old rookie... a 7th round pick... not very traditional. It makes me question how high his ceiling could be. Also, while he seems to be a safe bet for PP1, I donÂ’t know if he sticks with Eichel for seasons to come, and if he doesnÂ’t, how much will he drop off?

What IÂ’m considering is packaging him in a deal for either Kakko or B. Tkachuk, who could be buy low candidates with higher ceilings.

So what do you think about Olofsson?
    10-team standard scoring, 10 keepers (rebuild/tank mode, took over team in 2019-20, still building keepers)

C- Strome, Schmaltz, Hughes, Suzuki, Frost, Dach, Necas, Patrick
    LW- Laine, Drouin, Buchnevich, Beauvillier, Farabee, Kaprizov
    RW- Rantanen, Svechnikov, Meier, Olafsson, Zadina, Fiala, (Lafrenniere? )
    D- Empty
    G- Samsonov, Demko, Blackwood

Keepers- TBD, TBD, TBD

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Is Olofsson a sell high???

I like your thinking. I do think he's at least somewhat for real, so could help you net a better talent buying low.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

I think he's been a sell high all year, although you'll you've already missed out on a really good sell high.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think he's been a sell high all year, although you'll you've already missed out on a really good sell high.
    I agree. He was a sell high earlier in the season. I'd try and get Tkachuk or Kakko for him just the same.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

People don’t think he’s a potential keeper?

On my team I’ve got (with keeper cost in brackets) Fox (18), Bertuzzi (12), Tuch (18), Vrana (18), Eichel (5) and Wheeler (4) as most likely keepers and thinking Olof might challenge one of those guys.

He’d only cost me an 18th rounder to keep and he’s looked consistent all year.
    TEAM (Previous Year's Keepers in Bold):
    Centres: Eriksson Ek, Crosby, Bennett and Lindholm
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone (IR), Konecny (DTD), Terry, Toffoli
    Dmen: Josi, Dobson, Seider, Letang and Montour
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Demko, Gibson and Ersson

CATS:
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk
    Goalie Cats: GS, W, GAA, SA, SV%

Roster:
    2LW, 2RW, 2C, 4D, 2Util, 2 G

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Missed out? He has 6 points in his last 3 games and 16 points in his last 15. He didn't run hot and then cool down recently, so I don't think anything has been missed. He's also only gone longer than 1 game without a point TWICE so far (2 games once and 3 games once). He's as steady as they come so far, and while everyone is for sale at the right price I'm not actively looking to move him in my league.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melloj View Post
    People don’t think he’s a potential keeper?

On my team I’ve got (with keeper cost in brackets) Fox (18), Bertuzzi (12), Tuch (18), Vrana (18), Eichel (5) and Wheeler (4) as most likely keepers and thinking Olof might challenge one of those guys.

He’d only cost me an 18th rounder to keep and he’s looked consistent all year.
    It depends on how many one keeps & the rules. In your format, definite keeper option.

For the OP, he might be the #8 keeper in pure value, but that's 4 RW keeper out of 10, and that's too loaded at one spot, unless it's D in a 6 D league.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Tried Olofsson+D. Strome for Kakko with no luck. (only 100 keepers in league, so Strome is not too valuable)

Anyways, have no problem keeping Olofsson. Eichel/Olofsson/Reinhart is really producing right now, so there is no incentive for the coaches to move Olofsson from it, or from the top PP.

If anyone gets a chance, try to catch a BUF game and watch Olofsson. He looks really, really legit.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I’m not surprised u can’t lan huge name like kakko..u maybe able to land first rounder however....I think olaffson will be a steady 60 points guy for years to come....I would keep him
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    I’m not surprised u can’t lan huge name like kakko..u maybe able to land first rounder however....I think olaffson will be a steady 60 points guy for years to come....I would keep him
    But in a 100-keeper league, where 7 of 10 teams are contending, Kakko isn’t really that huge. Neither are 60 pt guys.

As far as Olofsson goes though... I’d put him as a 70-75 pt guy. He’s pacing for 70 in his first year in the NHL.