Thread: Larkin Dropped

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Larkin Dropped

In a pts only pool. I really like Larkins potential but not sure who to drop. I grabbed Vrana when Mantha went on IR but cant drop him cause I need a LW

So the choices are Couturier, Voracek, S Reinhart. Not sure i should drop anyone. I like Couturiers potential.as well (76 pts 2 seasons in a row) Voracek is a hit and miss and Reinhart plays with Eichel
    12 team H2H - Points
    Cats G (1.25) A (1) GWG (1) SHG (.75) PPP (.25) PIM (.15) SOG (.20) BLK/HITS (.20) FW/FL (+/- .10)
    GOALIES W (2) GA (-.25) SV (.10) SO (3)

FORWARDS (START 6 DAILY CHANGES)

MCDAVID
    PASTRNAK
    PETTERSSON
    SVECHNIKOV
    B TKACHUK
    V NICHUSHKIN
    ERIKKSON EK
    O TIPPET
    T MEIER
    LARKIN (IR)

DEFENSE (START 3)

DAHLIN
    JOSI
    DOBSON

GOALIES (START 2)

VASILEVSKIY
    SAROS
    SOROKIN
    SHESTERKIN

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Larkin Dropped

That is very tough. Except for Reinhart they are all underperforming. Reinhart is overperforming because he is with Eichel.

For what it's worth Larkin and Couturier are on my team, Reinhart is on someone else's team and Voracek is a FA.

I am holding on to them because of their potential. They have 0 trade value (I tried) and no one is picking up Voracek. If I were to rank the players for points, it would be

1a Reinhart
    1b Couturier
    2 Larkin
    3 Vorachek

Reinhart is not a clear #1 because he needs Eichel to get his numbers. As long as he plays with Eichel, then he is probably the most desirable. Couturier can get his points on his own that is why he is also a #1 - he just hasn't done it yet this year.

However Larkin is a C and Voracheck a RW so based on positions, it is probably a hold recommendation from me.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    That is very tough. Except for Reinhart they are all underperforming. Reinhart is overperforming because he is with Eichel.

For what it's worth Larkin and Couturier are on my team, Reinhart is on someone else's team and Voracek is a FA.

I am holding on to them because of their potential. They have 0 trade value (I tried) and no one is picking up Voracek. If I were to rank the players for points, it would be

1a Reinhart
    1b Couturier
    2 Larkin
    3 Vorachek

Reinhart is not a clear #1 because he needs Eichel to get his numbers. As long as he plays with Eichel, then he is probably the most desirable. Couturier can get his points on his own that is why he is also a #1 - he just hasn't done it yet this year.

However Larkin is a C and Voracheck a RW so based on positions, it is probably a hold recommendation from me.
    Much appreciated response. I do have 2 util slots that hold couturier and Voracek
    12 team H2H - Points
    Cats G (1.25) A (1) GWG (1) SHG (.75) PPP (.25) PIM (.15) SOG (.20) BLK/HITS (.20) FW/FL (+/- .10)
    GOALIES W (2) GA (-.25) SV (.10) SO (3)

FORWARDS (START 6 DAILY CHANGES)

MCDAVID
    PASTRNAK
    PETTERSSON
    SVECHNIKOV
    B TKACHUK
    V NICHUSHKIN
    ERIKKSON EK
    O TIPPET
    T MEIER
    LARKIN (IR)

DEFENSE (START 3)

DAHLIN
    JOSI
    DOBSON

GOALIES (START 2)

VASILEVSKIY
    SAROS
    SOROKIN
    SHESTERKIN

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by am78 View Post
    Much appreciated response. I do have 2 util slots that hold couturier and Voracek
    Good to know. I would probably make the move then. Drop Voracek for Larkin.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am an owner of Larkin in two leagues and still waiting patiently for him to break out a little.

He's having an okay season but after a hot start Detroit has really hit a bad stretch the past 15 games.

Hoping they get back on track and Larkin can produce close to PPG potential for the 2nd half of the season.
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask