Thread: Josi for the Wookie

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Josi for the Wookie

I am being offer Burns for Josi and am hesitant and would be in need of advice, since I'm a Sharks fan and can't see clear.

Watching San jose play tonight, Karlsson was a constant threat, Burns, much less.

Steady Josi has been good to me, but the rest of the way, is Brent Burns getting back in the league's top 3 as he's been forever and a few days?
    Or is he doomed to PP2 numbers and more defensive assignments while EK gets the sheltered minutes?

In short: Would you go for it or stand pat with the Nashville Captain?

-----------------------------

22 team H2H Keep 4 . G/A/PPP/SOG/PPP/+/-/HITS/BLOCKS/ SV%/GAA/W
    3C 2LW 2RW 3D 1Util 2G 6Bench

F - MacKinnon, Kane, Eichel, Svechnikov, Hughes, Hertl, Labanc, Krejci, Couturier, Bertuzzi, Johansson
    D - Josi, Carlson, Yandle, Pulock, Gudas
    G - Gibson, Markstrom, Khubodin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Josi for the Wookie

No chance I make this deal. There’s a reason the OGM is poking to move burns now. He’ll still be good, but Great??? But Josi IS Great now and is THE GUY ON THAT Nash blue line, if they haven’t already (think they have) their trajectories will Chris cross with Burns gradually dropping off.

You get your Shark now, but it’s YOU who ends up dead in the water with Burns. I suggest that YOU could not get someone the caliber of Josi later this season if you then tried to move Burns.

Keep Josi is my take!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Run away from this one! 6 years difference in age and this year Josi is outperforming Burns in a significant number of scoring cats. How about next year? No way I do this.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Run away from this one! 6 years difference in age and this year Josi is outperforming Burns in a significant number of scoring cats. How about next year? No way I do this.
    Agree!
    Burns will be 35 years old next March9.
    He's had a good run, but Pavelski is gone, Thornton's last year likely, Sharks may or may not make playoffs, but won't go far...
    And Burns is got easy $8m money for another 5 full years.
    His motivation is only going to go down...
    Burns owners would be wise to get highest return on him right now.

Hold Josi, for sure.

Administrator

Agree with the others, keep Josi

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Josi is the man! he has been 2nd best D man this year so far......at worst tied for 2nd with Hamilton.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Wizard

Def keep Josi, as everyone has already said. Burns should have been downgraded before the season started so owners could have been more proactive trading him for good assets.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Jedi

In a keep 4 I think the above commenters need to look at OP's roster:

F - MacKinnon, Kane, Eichel, Svechnikov, Hughes, Hertl, Labanc, Krejci, Couturier, Bertuzzi, Johansson

I'm keeping every one of them ahead of Josi in this pool. Which means he's trading a non-keeper for arguably the best fantasy Dman entering the 2019-20 NHL season. Burns got of to a crap start last year. There were tons of threads on his sog/gm rates dropping. No goals etc.

Josi's a 60pt Dman
    If this is a bad year for Burns - then he's a 60pt Dman.
    If he lights up the 2nd half - he's a 70+pt Dman and you have a bubble keeper.

Based on your roster. I'm assuming this IS for league in your sig. -- Otherwise I've wasted 5min of typing.

but based on the league in sig. this is a 1-year trade. No way you keep Josi with that roster in a keep 4 (repeating I know)

Burns >> Josi for 19/20. It will be by end of season.

I mash accept this 1-1 based on what I've said.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

I'm keeping every one of them ahead of Josi in this pool. Which means he's trading a non-keeper for arguably the best fantasy Dman entering the 2019-20 NHL season. Burns got of to a crap start last year. There were tons of threads on his sog/gm rates dropping. No goals etc.

Josi's a 60pt Dman

Based on your roster. I'm assuming this IS for league in your sig. -- Otherwise I've wasted 5min of typing.

but based on the league in sig. this is a 1-year trade. No way you keep Josi with that roster in a keep 4 (repeating I know)

This is where I'm at as well. Well said.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Josi's a 60pt Dman

Excellent point here, thanks a lot for the advice.
    My fear, watching the last Sharks game is that Burns right now really plays second fiddle to the possessed Karlsson. If that lasts (and as a San Jose resident, I certainly hope it does and EK stays healthy and possessed), it sends out Burns into the twilight years, less O-zone starts, 2PP assignments and such.

The other GM is not in a hurry and I'll watch more of both this weekend. But you guys are great, thanks for the input!