Thread: Barkov or Couturier + M. Rielly

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Barkov or Couturier + M. Rielly

Team and league info below. Is my Couturier + M. Rielly too much for Barkov? I'm not a big fan of Couturier's deployment offensively (PP2) and Keefe seems to be testing Barrie on PP1 right now in place of Rielly.

Available D on FA include Hronek, Spurgeon, or a hitter like McNabb or Gudas. I'm light on hits right now.

14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 1 Year
    Categories: G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, Hits, SOG, GWG // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Point, Couturier, Larkin
    RW: Kucherov, Nyquist (RW), Fiala (LW)
    LW: Giroux (C,RW), Connor, Zucker (RW)
    D: Rielly, Nurse, Pionk, Goligoski
    G: Grubauer, Lehner
    Util: Kassian (RW)
    Bench: Blackwood (G), N. Foligno (C,LW), Gusev

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Barkov or Couturier + M. Rielly

Barkov is at PPG pace and is top 30 in my league. There is every reason to believe he can keep up the pace.

Couturier is right where he should be about .75 PPG.

Rielly has dropped off the face of the earth since the change in coaches. 3 pts in 10 where he had 17 in 20 prior.

If Rielly were performing at the level he was under Babcock, then I think you would be over paying, but that is what needs to happen to get top players.

The big question is what is going to happen with Rielly the ROS. Will he get back to PP1 and if he does will he resume his scoring pace? Not sure anyone can answer that question. Toronto is still losing so I think changes are coming again - moving Rielly back to PP1 is likely.

I am not a big fan of your WW. 14 teams with 19-20 players each means very slim pickings. Back filling the 2-1 trade is going to leave you with a very weak player.

Bottom line - I would not make the trade offer since the guy you get from WW + Barkov is going to be weaker than Couturier + Rielly.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In addition, only 5 of Reilly’s 20 points this season have come on the power play so he’s definitely not reliant on the PP for points the way Barrie was in Colorado and Reilly’s ice time hasn’t diminished with the coaching change. Hopefully just a little slump.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'd keep Couturier & Rielly.
    Even though it is a one-year league... TOR does have to look to the future where ONLY Reilly is signed on their D.
    I think the Barrie play on PP1 is simply an expected move for the Leafs (& Leafs fans) to try to jump-start his production.
    Ultimately, Reilly MUST be considered as the long-term Leafs option... and I think we'll still see him get PP1 in 2020 part of season.

Barrie will seek big money elsewhere next year, the Leafs can't afford to keep him.
    (Sandin & Liljegren and their minimal salaries are locks on the big club next year.)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the comments. Given some rep to you all.