Thread: Subban Trade. Love some advice

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Subban Trade. Love some advice

Dynasty H2H banger league

His Subban for my Bryan Rust, 2020 2nd round pick, prospect Callan Foote.

Trade allows him to do a couple of things. Get free of the of Subban headache, call up Q Hughes, replace Hughes on the farm with Foote. Also gets a 2nd out of it.

me I’m basically hoping subban picks it up. I’m also in rebuild mode, D is weak but my prospects are good. Foote is my weakest. Hope is I get him cheap and he rebounds to maybe 40 point D production. Either hold him for a year or two or flip.

Thoughts?
    12 Team Dynasty. 26 man Roster. 15 Farm

G, A, P, PIM, PPG, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, Takeaways

Wins, GAA, SV%, Saves

3LW 3C 3RW 6D 2Util 2G

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Subban Trade. Love some advice

It's not a lot to pay but I got my doubts Subban rebounds. I guess theirs a chance, might be worth the gamble.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I should also add As I’ve been rebuilding, I’m floating in picks. 6 firsts and 3 seconds next year. 4 firsts and 3 seconds 2022

And my D prospects are Sandin, hague, boqvist valimaki brannstrom. Also have Makar rostered.

So I think I’m kind of trading from a strength.

I also know the guy won’t drop him ever. Not sure other GMs are beating the door down to get subban though. But I also don’t think I can beat him down much further than this

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, second set of picks mentioned are 2021 not 2022

Dobber Sports Superstar

I mean, it's not all that high of a price to pay considering, but I'm also skeptical Subban will get to 40 again.

There's nothing in his numbers right now that screams he's under-performing significantly. Shots are down a bit. S% is a bit low, 5on5 S% might be a tad low, but is more in line with recent seasons. Even if you double his production, he's still only on pace for 30. I'd be wary.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would not be in any hurry to do this. I think your right when you say other GM's are not going to be beating down the door. This is likely because, like me, many have soured big time on Subban and are not at all convinced that the Subban who played for the Habs will ever be seen again. If you are willing to roll the dice on Subban I would suggest that you do it as cheaply as possible, the current offer is pretty cheap if your expecting more than what PK has done in the last 2 years. Personally, I hang onto my prospect and the 2nd rounder.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think that's good deal for you.

****EDIT*****

Sorry i thought you were giving up Subban. I like his side so i'm out if i'm you.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Padawan

There doesn't seem to be much downside with this trade for you. I'd pull the trigger and expect him to pick it up or get moved.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think it's a good idea, but maybe needs to wait a week. Rust is producing and getting lots of good deployment. If this isn't an offer that is currently being discussed, I'd see if you can either drop the pick completely, or get one back a round later. Of course deal your expected worst pick in that round.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.