Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jarry vs Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Jarry vs Murray

Jarry is still winning, and I keep receiving offers for him. It's damn hard to know what to do with him atm
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    Jarry is still winning, and I keep receiving offers for him. It's damn hard to know what to do with him atm
    This X1000

I really wanted to grab Jarry, but had 5 goalies - picked up Francouz with a free roster spot due to a Day to Day tag on Larkin. I was able to trade Francouz to the Grub owner and got back some value so had to wait for the trade to clear. My gut feel says that Jarry may be more of a starter than Murray right now.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Immortal

Jarry tops in Sv% and GAA. Albeit fewer games....

Without Crosby though this team just needs to hang on and Jarry is giving them the best chance to do that.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    I'm jealous. I can't get the owner of Murray to trade him (literally at all) and they won't trade me for Jarry. I'd probably try to secure Murray or sell high on Jarry.

Dobber Sports Initiate

[QUOTE=TheMule_91;2030491]I'm jealous. I can't get the owner of Murray to trade him (literally at all) and they won't trade me for Jarry. I'd probably try to secure Murray or sell high on Jarry.[/QUOT

Why do guys like that participate in fantasy hockey? Unless your offers are light, why wouldn't he want the Pittsburgh tandem? is he just one of THOSE guys who won't trade no matter what? Is he angry that you beat him to Jarry so now he's being spiteful? We've had guys like that in our league.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

[QUOTE=captaincrunch32;2030531]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMule_91 View Post
    I'm jealous. I can't get the owner of Murray to trade him (literally at all) and they won't trade me for Jarry. I'd probably try to secure Murray or sell high on Jarry.[/QUOT

Why do guys like that participate in fantasy hockey? Unless your offers are light, why wouldn't he want the Pittsburgh tandem? is he just one of THOSE guys who won't trade no matter what? Is he angry that you beat him to Jarry so now he's being spiteful? We've had guys like that in our league.
    It's incredibly annoying because I'm trying to get out of last place. The Murray owner has Crawford and I own Lehner. I've offered Lehner for Murray and I've asked if they want Jarry and I take Crawford but they won't do either. I've also tried to trade this person for Benn and I know someone else who has as well and the owner won't move him either. I'm convinced they won't trade at all. Although that owner just lost this week 1-11 so I may try again.

Dobber Sports Initiate

[QUOTE=TheMule_91;2030553]
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post

It's incredibly annoying because I'm trying to get out of last place. The Murray owner has Crawford and I own Lehner. I've offered Lehner for Murray and I've asked if they want Jarry and I take Crawford but they won't do either. I've also tried to trade this person for Benn and I know someone else who has as well and the owner won't move him either. I'm convinced they won't trade at all. Although that owner just lost this week 1-11 so I may try again.
    Wow that would suck.

I have made two trades this year, but have sent out probably 50 in total. I find that if I call or at least text the owner, I am far more likely to make a trade than if I just send an offer. With that said, there are certain guys who I have never managed to trade with despite all my efforts. They just think their players are better than everyone else's.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

[QUOTE=anthonybeaty;2030560]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMule_91 View Post

Wow that would suck.

I have made two trades this year, but have sent out probably 50 in total. I find that if I call or at least text the owner, I am far more likely to make a trade than if I just send an offer. With that said, there are certain guys who I have never managed to trade with despite all my efforts. They just think their players are better than everyone else's.
    i'm in a league where it's me and one other guy that are involved in 80-100% of the trades!. The league is made up of dead sticks and guys that must WIN the deal if they're going to trade. No one will do the research and reach out to you. In TheMule's instance, it sounds like he is just dealing with a spiteful owner and not a guy who is interested in making a hockey deal. It's sad because why else would you be in a fantasy hockey league unless you wanted to play the part of a fantasy GM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

[QUOTE=captaincrunch32;2030572]
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    i'm in a league where it's me and one other guy that are involved in 80-100% of the trades!. The league is made up of dead sticks and guys that must WIN the deal if they're going to trade. No one will do the research and reach out to you. In TheMule's instance, it sounds like he is just dealing with a spiteful owner and not a guy who is interested in making a hockey deal. It's sad because why else would you be in a fantasy hockey league unless you wanted to play the part of a fantasy GM.
    I'm with Crunch in our league and it's God awful. People just flat out ignore trade offers. Good ones too. The type where you actually sit down and spend a half hour researching his team and needs so that it's worth looking at and at the very least, appreciate the work a GM does to send you something that doesn't flat out waste your time. Others have checked out after 20 games and some don't even set their lineup. Tie that up with a family affair cast of commissioners that only make or break rules to suit themselves and you have a horrid league... Please for the love of God, if anyone is starting up or already has a league like the format in my sig or close enough to it, please message me.

Sincerely,
    A miserable fantasy hockey player starving for an active league...
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    Sincerely,
    A miserable fantasy hockey player starving for an active league...
    I'll keep this in mind. I am the commish for my league and it has been running for close to 20 years. During the season, any rules changes need to be voted on and accepted by everyone. During the off season, any rule changes need to be voted on and accepted by a strict majority (6/10). We haven't changed rules for 3 seasons. We had 1 guy drop out last year and one guy the year before. Before that it was the same managers for 8-10 years. The new guy this year is not as active as I would like, but everyone else is active - some are just very difficult to trade with.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'll keep this in mind. I am the commish for my league and it has been running for close to 20 years. During the season, any rules changes need to be voted on and accepted by everyone. During the off season, any rule changes need to be voted on and accepted by a strict majority (6/10). We haven't changed rules for 3 seasons. We had 1 guy drop out last year and one guy the year before. Before that it was the same managers for 8-10 years. The new guy this year is not as active as I would like, but everyone else is active - some are just very difficult to trade with.
    Sounds good to me. I’m in.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sounds good to me. I’m in.
    Please send me a PM - any vacancies and you'll be the first to know.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Please send me a PM - any vacancies and you'll be the first to know.
    I will. Thanks Man. Much appreciated

Dobber Sports Initiate

I will. Thanks Man. Much appreciated
    For sale: One very active GM. Will set line-up, do add/drops and trades. Doesn't care if trade partner does well so long as trade addresses his needs. Reads Dobber's ramblings. Posts and responds to inquiries.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    For sale: One very active GM. Will set line-up, do add/drops and trades. Doesn't care if trade partner does well so long as trade addresses his needs. Reads Dobber's ramblings. Posts and responds to inquiries.
    Come with me bro. It’s time to go! 😎