Thread: Offer for my Monahan

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Offer for my Monahan

For the team in the signature.

As of now, I'm having a horrible season with a not so bad team (some bad luck in my weekly matchups and some plain horrible weeks), I'm now 2-7-0 (23 matchups per season, so closing in on the halfway point), so my chances of making the playoffs aren't great (I'm the 3rd worse team in my conference and the 4 worse from each conference do not make the playoffs. (actually, the 4 worse teams from each conference make the loser playoffs to play for better odds at the lottery for the top 8 draft picks). The last playoff team in my conferences is 4-5-0.

I was offered Brady Tkachuk (5$, so would cost only 10$ to keep for next year) and A.Cirelli (in his farm, so 0$ and is automatically kept for free until I bring him up) vs my S.Monahan (20$ so would cost 25$ to keep for next year).

To put prices into context : A top forward like Crosby/Ovechkin will go for around 70$ at auction, P.Kane was paid 61$, Kopitar was paid 30$ and L.Couture was paid 37$.

Is his a good offer? Considering that I don't want to sell too much (don't want to be too bad when the loser playoffs come), shoud I accept? Should I hold on to the hope that the coaching change in NJ will get Subban going and hold with what I have?

Thanks!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Offer for my Monahan

I'd make that deal. You have deep rosters, and the cost savings will help you a lot in future years. You take a hit this year, unless you call up Cirelli and he replaces some roster chaff.

On that note, what farm guy or roster player do you plan to dump to make room?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    On that note, what farm guy or roster player do you plan to dump to make room?
    Most likely either Joseph or Chmelevski.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I also like this deal for you. You are building and both Tkachuk and Cirelli are nice pieces to do that.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    For the team in the signature.

As of now, I'm having a horrible season with a not so bad team (some bad luck in my weekly matchups and some plain horrible weeks), I'm now 2-7-0 (23 matchups per season, so closing in on the halfway point), so my chances of making the playoffs aren't great (I'm the 3rd worse team in my conference and the 4 worse from each conference do not make the playoffs. (actually, the 4 worse teams from each conference make the loser playoffs to play for better odds at the lottery for the top 8 draft picks). The last playoff team in my conferences is 4-5-0.

I was offered Brady Tkachuk (5$, so would cost only 10$ to keep for next year) and A.Cirelli (in his farm, so 0$ and is automatically kept for free until I bring him up) vs my S.Monahan (20$ so would cost 25$ to keep for next year).

To put prices into context : A top forward like Crosby/Ovechkin will go for around 70$ at auction, P.Kane was paid 61$, Kopitar was paid 30$ and L.Couture was paid 37$.

Is his a good offer? Considering that I don't want to sell too much (don't want to be too bad when the loser playoffs come), shoud I accept? Should I hold on to the hope that the coaching change in NJ will get Subban going and hold with what I have?

Thanks!
    First, I hope I someday find someone who loves me as much as you love parentheses.

Second, I would definitely make that deal. I don't think there's much of a gap between Brady and SM if any so the cost savings makes it an easy accept.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    First, I hope I someday find someone who loves me as much as you love parentheses.
    lol

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Agree w/above.
    Love Brady Tkachuk's tag here... saves you a bunch of money to bid on players in future years.
    B.Tkachuk isn't that far off Monahan anyways.
    Plus... you get Cirelli?!?
    Easy "accept" for an out-of-contention team that still wants to compete for playoff odds-bump in March/April.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Made the trade, thanks guys! Repped where I could.

Oh, and for SergeP : ()(()((())))