Thread: Prospects choice

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Prospects choice

Been offered a deal in which I get a throw in goalie of Elvis M, C. Primeau, or UPL, J. Swaymen, or L.Dostal? I know goalies are voodoo but they are extremely valuable in my league.
    14 teams Full Dyansty.Points-G/A3.5,Plus/Minus(1/-1),PIM .5,PPP 2, Blocks .5,GWG 3,Hits .25. Goalies- Wins 3, Saves .15, SHO 6. 20 Roster: 3C,3RW,3 LW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2Goalie starts C: Stutzle,Aho,Petterson. RW:Guentzel, Marner, Boldy, Hagel, Jarvis. LW:Laine, Draisaitl,Kaprizov, Huberdeau. D:Hedman,Dahlin,Heiskanen, Boqvist. G:Vas,Helly, Sorokin. Prospects​: Denisenko,Raty,Morrow,Lambert, Askerov, Wallsteadt.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Prospects choice

I think that Primeau is probably the highest ceiling guy and he'd be my choice. Each of him, Luukkonen and Dostal have a higher-tiered guy ahead of them, (Price, Ullmark, Gibson) so it's not like they are heirs apparent. Merzlikins is probably the one guy who could conceivably become a teams' #1 goalie. But I think I'd rather shoot for ceiling at this point.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I think that Primeau is probably the highest ceiling guy and he'd be my choice. Each of him, Luukkonen and Dostal have a higher-tiered guy ahead of them, (Price, Ullmark, Gibson) so it's not like they are heirs apparent. Merzlikins is probably the one guy who could conceivably become a teams' #1 goalie. But I think I'd rather shoot for ceiling at this point.
    Given the OP already has Vasi, Hellebuyck and Korpisalso on main rosters (and Sorokin in the wings), I'd take Elvis and the handcuff.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Primeau for sure.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Given the OP already has Vasi, Hellebuyck and Korpisalso on main rosters (and Sorokin in the wings), I'd take Elvis and the handcuff.
    This is the main point I wanted to make. You are really likely to have the Blue Jackets starter next year, barring a signing. Also, he's the closest to the NHL.

So given that, and the fact that you can have Elvis enter your roster, it's got to be him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    This is a completely valid point. However, if you have 100% of the Columbus goalie starts covered, what do you really have? Columbus doesn't look to be anything great in the immediate future, and neither Korpisalo nor Merzlikins seems (at the moment) to be someone who will grow into being a upper-half goalie asset. So you'd be taking two spots to hold onto guys upon whom you'll probably never want to lean. In that circumstance, I'd rather shoot for something of higher value than be lord of the poo-poo platter.

I suppose it also depends on whether the OP can cycle goalies in daily to maximize starts, in which case the OP would want as many active goalies as possible, given that bad starts have no negative effect on OP's scoring.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Pure upside and potential, then Primeau.
    If you want to probable corner the starts in Columbus, take Merzlikins.
    If it were me I would take the chance on Primeau. BTW he is making his NHL debut. Litmus test for him in his early career.
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO