Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Marc Crawford on leave after recent allegations

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Marc Crawford on leave after recent allegations

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I suppose people on the other side of the argument would say this analogy is wrong. It's more like a kid asking Santa for a bike and not getting it until June. Sure he got the bike, but it's not exactly when it was expected. I have no idea who is whining about the timing on this (which I think is a bit much as it's important to get things right and not just react hastily), but I would suggest you just stop following them?
    There was lots of media coverage, talking about people being impatient that Peters wasn't fired yet. A lot of media personalities had to explain that the process takes time. This is the problem with SJW's they bend the narrative to deflect anything that contradicts their side.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    There was lots of media coverage, talking about people being impatient that Peters wasn't fired yet. A lot of media personalities had to explain that the process takes time. This is the problem with SJW's they bend the narrative to deflect anything that contradicts their side.
    Maybe contact them directly?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Maybe contact them directly?
    I thought that's what we were doing in this thread?

Administrator

I thought that's what we were doing in this thread?
    I don't see any media reporters in this thread. Again, if you're so passionate about this you should go about it in a way that will actually get stuff done.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

Let's be real here. There are going to be what is considered ridiculous arguments on both sides of most controversial topics as well as reasonable arguments. We have seen examples of all of them in this thread. I would suggest that people who think that Crawford should be fired for the allegations against him seems reasonable to me. I would also suggest that people who think that Crawford should not be fired; certainly not until the allegations become corroborated or fleshed out more, also seems reasonable to me. I would also suggest that people who think that Crawford should not be fired for the allegations even if proven true on the grounds that the acts he is accused of aren't serious enough to warrant his dismissal also seems reasonable to me; I disagree with them, but it seems reasonable.

I would go further to suggest that the people who demand that he or Peters should have been fired earlier and are upset that didn't happen, seems unreasonable to me. At the same time, those who defend the actions of Crawford and Peters unconditionally also seems unreasonable to me. Keep in mind this is my opinion, if somebody feels the need to defend them unconditionally, I think it is silly but I would never tell them that they should not feel that way.

The problem here in this forum that I see, is there are people who insist on demeaning and insulting those on the other side of the argument, and I will fully admit that I am guilty of this myself and I wish I didn't respond this way. There are people who have already made up their mind on the subject and aren't willing to listen to any reasonable argument that supports the other side. There are people who shift the goal posts constantly and hold people to different standards, depending on which side of the argument they are on. These things make it difficult to have an intelligent debate, which is too bad. Some of the people on these forums have a lot to offer, even if they differ wildly from my opinion. Sadly, it is tough to get through the bullshit here a lot of time to get to the meat of the argument.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Let's be real here. There are going to be what is considered ridiculous arguments on both sides of most controversial topics as well as reasonable arguments. We have seen examples of all of them in this thread. I would suggest that people who think that Crawford should be fired for the allegations against him seems reasonable to me. I would also suggest that people who think that Crawford should not be fired; certainly not until the allegations become corroborated or fleshed out more, also seems reasonable to me. I would also suggest that people who think that Crawford should not be fired for the allegations even if proven true on the grounds that the acts he is accused of aren't serious enough to warrant his dismissal also seems reasonable to me; I disagree with them, but it seems reasonable.

I would go further to suggest that the people who demand that he or Peters should have been fired earlier and are upset that didn't happen, seems unreasonable to me. At the same time, those who defend the actions of Crawford and Peters unconditionally also seems unreasonable to me. Keep in mind this is my opinion, if somebody feels the need to defend them unconditionally, I think it is silly but I would never tell them that they should not feel that way.

The problem here in this forum that I see, is there are people who insist on demeaning and insulting those on the other side of the argument, and I will fully admit that I am guilty of this myself and I wish I didn't respond this way. There are people who have already made up their mind on the subject and aren't willing to listen to any reasonable argument that supports the other side. There are people who shift the goal posts constantly and hold people to different standards, depending on which side of the argument they are on. These things make it difficult to have an intelligent debate, which is too bad. Some of the people on these forums have a lot to offer, even if they differ wildly from my opinion. Sadly, it is tough to get through the bullshit here a lot of time to get to the meat of the argument.

Rylant
    Well said and very reasonable put.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    I haven't seen any demeaning or insulting posts in here.
    Unless you weren't joking when you refer to some as "knuckle draggers" ??
    I assumed you were just kidding around.
    As I was with the Santa and Tony Soprano images.
    Then again, I'm a glass-half-full kind of fellow I suppose.

Life is too short, maybe try not to surmise so much ill-will from others, as they either: a) aren't really intending any malice or b) not worth your time even if they are.

Dobber Sports Genius

First Avery now Sopel back pedaling on their comments about Crow. Both stating they were not victims but I suppose it doesnt matter its not up to the victim to decide if they are a victim or not.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Avery didn't just back pedal. He said he loves Crawford. As did Lehner.

Avery called him his 2nd favourite coach.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    1) Not every joke is an insult. In fact, most aren't. He was clearly joking around with the Christmas reference.
    2) It's ok to be on either side, of course, but I hear "Knuckle-Draggers" are more attractive to women. I'm guessing it's because Snowflakes hide in the pantry when someone breaks into the house.

Attachment 4692
    Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I haven't seen any demeaning or insulting posts in here.
    Unless you weren't joking when you refer to some as "knuckle draggers" ??
    I assumed you were just kidding around.
    As I was with the Santa and Tony Soprano images.
    Then again, I'm a glass-half-full kind of fellow I suppose.

Life is too short, maybe try not to surmise so much ill-will from others, as they either: a) aren't really intending any malice or b) not worth your time even if they are.
    Yes cause this wasn't meant as an insult/or demeaning people with a view.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

This one probably needs to be locked too like the other threads that degenerated into internet BS.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Yes cause this wasn't meant as an insult/or demeaning people with a view.
    Correct. It was paying homage to the initial post of the thread, also a joke.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    This one probably needs to be locked too like the other threads that degenerated into internet BS.
    Yep, its just feeding the trolls. Nothing informative or useful is being added.... my post included.

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't get why lock it for three reasons. One these posts are some of the most popular on Dobber Forums. Two you don't need to click on it if you don't want to. And Three were locking it now because all the snow flakes on this thread got prove wrong when the players accusing Crawford back pedaled?

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't get why lock it for three reasons. One these posts are some of the most popular on Dobber Forums. Two you don't need to click on it if you don't want to. And Three were locking it now because all the snow flakes on this thread got prove wrong when the players accusing Crawford back pedaled?
    One, these are only the most popular because people degrade into some senseless bickering rather than being productive in the other hockey sections. Two, as a mod I do need to click on it to watch you guys, even though I don't want to. Three, you're still not seeing the big picture, there is a lot more to all of this than blaming those with a different opinion than you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)