Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Marc Crawford on leave after recent allegations

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Marc Crawford on leave after recent allegations

Come on! It's Christmas time but I am seeing more snowflakes than usual.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Marc Crawford on leave after recent allegations

Wow, so much news is coming out that hockey coaches have been rough at times and used poor motivational techniques. Stunning. (Gasp!!!)

And former players like Sean Avery and Dan Carcillo are getting tonnes of media airtime as a result of this "movement."
    What could possibly be wrong with this? lol
    I know, I know, it's not their fault. Not possible. They are merely products of the system that made them into dirtbags.

Just wait until this kind of news starts coming out of football.
    Guaranteed those coaches are even harder on their players. Some might be looking at charges, I'd say.
    Forcing high school or college kids to run until they puke, for example... what could anyone call that other than abuse of power?
    Or grabbing kids by the face-mask and hurling them to the ground. Happens all the time. At one time, anyway. Stories are going to emerge.

But regarding Crawford getting a little physical with grown men at the NHL level... give me a break.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Wow, so much news is coming out that hockey coaches have been rough at times and used poor motivational techniques. Stunning. (Gasp!!!)

And former players like Sean Avery and Dan Carcillo are getting tonnes of media airtime as a result of this "movement."
    I know, I know, it's not their fault. Not possible. They are merely products of the system that made them into dirtbags.

Guaranteed those coaches are even harder on their players. Some might be looking at charges, I'd say.
    Forcing high school or college kids to run until they puke, for example... what could anyone call that other than abuse of power?
    Or grabbing kids by the face-mask and hurling them to the ground. Happens all the time. At one time, anyway. Stories are going to emerge.

But regarding Crawford getting a little physical with grown men at the NHL level... give me a break.
    The derisive tone towards players being abused by those in power (regardless of the context, or who the player is) is not something that produces anything positive or productive in the situation. Abuse of a superior/inferior/co-worker, etc shouldn't be tolerated in any workplace.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    The derisive tone towards players being abused by those in power (regardless of the context, or who the player is) is not something that produces anything positive or productive in the situation. Abuse of a superior/inferior/co-worker, etc shouldn't be tolerated in any workplace.
    Except context does matter. Always.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont expect this to be the last one we see getting "investigated".
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

How does the degree of physical abuse mean anything here? If you got stabbed, but like in your hand not your heart, it's not real stabbing right? Cause like, look over there, the guy over there is getting stabbed in the heart, so your stabbing in the hand isn't real stabbing.

Sports does have a bit of an asterisk right now, but a coach hitting a player shouldn't be a thing. Really shouldn't even be a question. In my mind at least.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I agree context does matter. Hockey players are engaged in a full contact sport, where fighting is an in game penalty with no legal ramifications. If we really want to clean up work place violence, than we should eliminate all physical contact in sports. If were comparing it to other work places, than in no way can I fight, let alone body check someone in the office and just go sit in a private room for 5 minutes.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I agree context does matter. Hockey players are engaged in a full contact sport, where fighting is an in game penalty with no legal ramifications. If we really want to clean up work place violence, than we should eliminate all physical contact in sports. If were comparing it to other work places, than in no way can I fight, let alone body check someone in the office and just go sit in a private room for 5 minutes.
    ^exactly

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    How does the degree of physical abuse mean anything here? If you got stabbed, but like in your hand not your heart, it's not real stabbing right? Cause like, look over there, the guy over there is getting stabbed in the heart, so your stabbing in the hand isn't real stabbing.
    This strawman is really not worth responding to. Because it's absurd.
    But I'll just quickly say that Crawford kicking Avery (an adult) in the ass is not the same thing as a high school coach throwing a kid to the ground or kicking him in the ass. One thing is completely unlike the other.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It really depends on how it went down, but generally speaking, a coach should never be physically attacking one of his players.

Dobber Sports Titan

This strawman is really not worth responding to. Because it's absurd.
    But I'll just quickly say that Crawford kicking Avery (an adult) in the ass is not the same thing as a high school coach throwing a kid to the ground or kicking him in the ass. One thing is completely unlike the other.
    In both scenarios there's abuse...But yes, I would agree a child getting abused in that scenario is abuse. But Avery also said he was choked...so that's more than a "kick in the ass". Avery said the kick left a mark. There's a lot of padding in hockey pants, and I've had slap shots not leave marks.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Abuse of any kind, physical , emotional, should not be tolerated in any situation in any context. Unfortunately it goes on in all levels, employment, sports and politics of our society. A sad state of affairs.
    What a bummer in what’s supposed to be a festive season.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Star

Sure, kicking a player in the ass really isn't the end of the world - but is it such a travesty to try to remove that behavior from the game/world if we can?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Come on! It's Christmas time but I am seeing more snowflakes than usual.
    Snowflakes on one side, Knuckle-Draggers on the other. Sad that we need to rely on such insults to demean people who disagree with us...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Sure, kicking a player in the ass really isn't the end of the world - but is it such a travesty to try to remove that behavior from the game/world if we can?
    Personally I'd rather see Sean Avery's general behavior removed from the world before those that kick him in the ass once in a while. I'm probably in the minority here but seriously, Sean Avery? Zero sympathy for that ass kick, nice work Crow. Generally I do agree with you though.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):