Thread: Marner + Tavares for Pasta: Leafs Homerism?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Marner + Tavares for Pasta: Leafs Homerism?

So my team is trash this year (see sig) and looking to solidify my keepers for next year.

Pasta is a beast in our format so I am not looking to move him but I also don't think he produces at almost 80 goal pace next year.

Is a move of Pasta for Tavares and Marner make sense at this point?

Means my forward keepers would go from:
    Pasta, and two of Landeskog, Point, Aho, or Tank
    To
    Marner, Tavares, and one of Landeskog, Point, Aho, or Tank

My feeling is that it is a sideways move at best while watering down my top keeper, but want to make sure I am not crazy.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Marner + Tavares for Pasta: Leafs Homerism?

I'm a Leafs fan but non-homer. If I could get JT and Mitch for Pasta I would do that in a heartbeat. I'd probably want to wait to see if Marner gets cleared here in the next few days and when his return date is first. I'd also probably want to see him play a few games so I'm comfortable the ankle won't be a recurring theme for him. That's just for this year. You have long term goals, and to get two studs for one with Pasta's injury history? I'd do it for sure.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I'm a Leafs fan but non-homer. If I could get JT and Mitch for Pasta I would do that in a heartbeat. I'd probably want to wait to see if Marner gets cleared here in the next few days and when his return date is first. I'd also probably want to see him play a few games so I'm comfortable the ankle won't be a recurring theme for him. That's just for this year. You have long term goals, and to get two studs for one with Pasta's injury history? I'd do it for sure.
    It's not Marner/Tavares for Pastrnak though. There's more keeper implications here.

It's Marner/Tavares/Aho for Pastrnak/Aho/Point (in my opinion, those would be my keeper picks I think)

It's pretty darn close. You get older on the Tavares side though. It's also possible Pastrnak maintains this 100-110 level like Kucherov. Marner can do that but won't be as goal heavy, so will have less fantasy points.

I think you have to stick with Pastrnak/Aho/Point here.

I would absolutely be selling Pastrnak though as he's a major sell high right now. You just need to hit a bigger homerun in a trade here.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    It's not Marner/Tavares for Pastrnak though. There's more keeper implications here.

It's Marner/Tavares/Aho for Pastrnak/Aho/Point (in my opinion, those would be my keeper picks I think)

It's pretty darn close. You get older on the Tavares side though. It's also possible Pastrnak maintains this 100-110 level like Kucherov. Marner can do that but won't be as goal heavy, so will have less fantasy points.

I think you have to stick with Pastrnak/Aho/Point here.

I would absolutely be selling Pastrnak though as he's a major sell high right now. You just need to hit a bigger homerun in a trade here.
    Could not disagree more....im leafs fan too ..and i love that trade if it was dynasty or deep keeper...with Keep 3 im keeping Pasta however.

I also dont think Pasta is sell high atm...i dont think he is letting down...he is a stud...and he could get even better as he is only 23, prime years maybe next 2-3 years for him. I dont think 120 points is out of question for him..that includes 50+ goals..you simply dont sell that...keep him and enjoy the ride...

And if you absolutely need to trade him, i would ask for Marner and 1st and 2nd next year...that way you can get ahead for next year imo...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Could not disagree more....im leafs fan too ..and i love that trade if it was dynasty or deep keeper...with Keep 3 im keeping Pasta however.
    Did you even read my post before disagreeing with it?

I also dont think Pasta is sell high atm...i dont think he is letting down...he is a stud...and he could get even better as he is only 23, prime years maybe next 2-3 years for him. I dont think 120 points is out of question for him..that includes 50+ goals..you simply dont sell that...keep him and enjoy the ride...
    Pastrnak is shooting 23.1% (14.9% historically) and 16.1% at 5on5 (10.2% historically). Those numbers are unsustainable. 120 points is the absolute ceiling and considering he's on a 127 point pace right now with those elevated S%s, it will be very difficult for him to maintain enough of a pace to hit 120. I do believe that 100-110 is in range this season, which would still require over a point per game pace moving forward.

Now I'm not saying just go out and sell him for whatever, I am saying go out and sell him at that 127 point pace and aim high. Try to get Kucherov/+ if you can.

And if you absolutely need to trade him, i would ask for Marner and 1st and 2nd next year...that way you can get ahead for next year imo...
    I thought you just said that he's not a sell high right now and that he's going to maintain his 127 point pace? But you only want Marner/1st/2nd for him? I would be asking for much more if I believed he could maintain this. I'm still asking for more believing he can't sustain it.