Thread: Minny top line? Fiala?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Minny top line? Fiala?

Just wanted to get some opinions on the Minny top line and particularly Fiala who is available on the WW.

Who do you think is the better target to pick up, Parise vs Fiala? Short vs long term?

I'm in a 12 team H2H, 1 year, set lineup weekly, start 2C 2 RW 2 LW 4 D 3 Util 2 G. I'm in 8th, slowly moving up after a bad start. Looking to keep clawing back each week.

Fiala has been on a total tear the last 10-15 games getting prime deployment, which looks to continue. Seems like he may even break 60 this year if he continues though he isn't shooting as much as last season (but couple 8 shot games recently look great).

Right now I am carrying a couple D on the bench who aren't helping me very much, though I think I do need extra D given how poorly Dumba has been. Keller has been very frustrating, but I feel he's better than he's producing and may help me a lot down the line if he breaks back out. The challenge is balancing this with getting back in the top of the standings.

Do you think I should pick up Fiala? And who's your drop? Thanks!!

C - MacKinnon, Pettersson
    LW - E Kane, Marchessault
    RW - Palmieri, Rantanen
    D - Carlson, Dumba, DeAngelo, Pulock
    Util - Monahan, Bertuzzi, Keller
    G - Andersen, Markstrom, Saros
    Bench - OEL, Keller, Morrissey
    IR -
    Arvidsson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Minny top line? Fiala?

I have been trying to find a way to get fiala in my line up. Unfortunately, although I love his performance over the last month, I just don't have anyone I want to drop right now. Trying to trade Trocheck for a higher draft pick next year.

As far as your team, I would grab Fiala and drop one of the extra D-men. Probably Pulock.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

How funny! I was just coming here to post about Fiala. I just added him from the WW. As you noted, his November was fire. (11 points in 13 games) He had 2 points yesterday so he has 13 points in his last 14 games. Minutes were way up yesterday (Topped 17 for 1st time) and he's had two games recently where he had 8 SOG. On PP1 and on 2nd line with Koivu and Parise.

Didn't want to drop any of my guys but Dylan Strome has a concussion and I didn't want to hold him while he might be on the Zibanejad plan where he's gone for a long time.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Icon

It's not just the numbers - I follow Michael Russo closely, and every time he writes an article the fanbase commentary is pretty stellar, that is one knowledgeable group of fans. Russo and most of the commenters are raving about his work ethic, his positioning and defensive play, in addition to his creativity - I think he's a bit of a risk because he's one of these players who probably gets complacent from time to time and you'll have to deal with benchings, slumps, etc., but I don't think he's looking back now that he's finally producing.

And the two 8 SOG games really stick out - one of those can be flukey, but two of them in a span of 4 games is telling.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

I think Parise is more of the driver in this situation, but Fiala is definitely an enticing option.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for all of the awesome responses!

I am coming around to the idea of wanting to grab him...the challenge is who I should drop. With my team as it stands, dropping a D seems like the best option. It's just who. There aren't great D options on the WW generally in this league but I think I stand to gain more from Fiala than a 40pt pace dman on the bench.

Do I drop Pulock (who I grabbed from the wire for Ghost a little while ago)? Morrissey plays with the superior PP and scoring team and they're improving. OEL I will have a hard time outright dropping and may just need to sit on. DeAngelo continues to show that he's a real player though SH% is sky high.

What do you think?

Dobber Sports Icon

The entire top line is available in my league right now. I’ve been following them some and yanits enticing but I’m having issues with who I drop out and who I bring in

Phil
    Granny
    Chychrun
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    The entire top line is available in my league right now. I’ve been following them some and yanits enticing but I’m having issues with who I drop out and who I bring in

Phil
    Granny
    Chychrun
    At this point, I’m thinking about dropping Kessel for Fiala myself. But I’ve been burned by Fiala in the past so I’m a bit hesitant right now
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by bsarak View Post
    Thanks for all of the awesome responses!

I am coming around to the idea of wanting to grab him...the challenge is who I should drop. With my team as it stands, dropping a D seems like the best option. It's just who. There aren't great D options on the WW generally in this league but I think I stand to gain more from Fiala than a 40pt pace dman on the bench.

Do I drop Pulock (who I grabbed from the wire for Ghost a little while ago)? Morrissey plays with the superior PP and scoring team and they're improving. OEL I will have a hard time outright dropping and may just need to sit on. DeAngelo continues to show that he's a real player though SH% is sky high.

What do you think?
    I like Fiala but I don't see anyone on your squad who I'd drop for him in a 1 year. Maybe Keller.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper