Thread: Ullmark

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Ullmark

Is it fair to say that he is finally taken over the number one job for Buffalo? Hutton hasn’t won a game since mid October and Ullmark is out playing him. Moreover, the team seems to play better for Ullmark. He is their man of the future, but if he’s winning now, then why wait? What do you guys think? I think it has happened.
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Ullmark

Ullmark has been very mediocre. Yes, Hutton has not played well but Ullmark has not cemented himself as the starter by his play but rather by the fact that Hutton has not been very good. I think they split starts rest of season, unless one of them steps it up.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd say he's getting MORE of the starts lately, but I wont say he's taken overthe #1 this year just yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah that’s pretty much what I mean. I wouldn’t say he’s cemented as the number one altogether where Hutton never plays, but I think he earns the lion share of the timeshare that they will be playing in for the rest of the year. He has outplayed Hutton. It just seems the team plays better for him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

at a glance:
    http://hockeygoalies.org/bio/nhl/logs/BUF2019.html

its not pretty for either one but the last loss by Hutton was a better start than Ullmarks last win. i won't be jumping on the Ullmark wagon just yet, as much as Id like to.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Would you guys drop Hutton for Samsonov (Wash) at this point?

Samsonov is the clear back up but he gets spot starts and when he does he wins. He's 7-2 and won 2 of their last 3 games.

Hutton was on fire to start the season but hasn't won a game in almost 2 months. Is this is the sell low point on him?

Who do you prefer in a H2H as your 3rd goalie: Hutton or Samsonov? I have Bobrovsky and Kuemper as my other goalies in a 14 team league. W, L, GAA, SO.
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask

Administrator

We should all know by now there aren't many clear #1 goalies in the league. It's all about tandems now. Hutton has been at his best in a backup/tandem role so it makes sense for a guy to take some of the bulk starts. That said I don't think Ullmark is that great.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Do people think that Ullmark can be a decent starter? He certainly has the opportunity now.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Do people think that Ullmark can be a decent starter? He certainly has the opportunity now.
    I think the answer is yes and he’s been doing it for a little while now. However, he goes as Buffalo goes. They need to score. As long as they are scoring, he can keep them in the game.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by BladesOfSteel View Post
    Would you guys drop Hutton for Samsonov (Wash) at this point?

Samsonov is the clear back up but he gets spot starts and when he does he wins. He's 7-2 and won 2 of their last 3 games.

Hutton was on fire to start the season but hasn't won a game in almost 2 months. Is this is the sell low point on him?

Who do you prefer in a H2H as your 3rd goalie: Hutton or Samsonov? I have Bobrovsky and Kuemper as my other goalies in a 14 team league. W, L, GAA, SO.
    id much rather samsonov.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    id much rather samsonov.
    Me too. I don't see much NHL future for Hutton. Don't think he is in the NHL next year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Past 30 days Ullmark is 6-3 .916 svpct ... slightly above average this year. He's good, not great & 3/7 last starts his svpct has been below .900 - where the other 4 have been .929 or higher.
    He's going to get the starters nod in Buffalo - by definition of over 50% of remainder of starts on the season. Kruger will run the hot hand so expect Ullmark to sit 2-3 games in a row a couple times for that reason. He's not use to a heavy NHL workload.

As far as Hutton for Samsonov goes. I do that every day of the week.
    I've never trusted Hutton.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm on the fence trading for him. We start 2 G, count Wins and SV% and my goalies are Bob and Markstrom so I don't think Ullmark will be an upgrade this year but I'm always looking for next year too. Salary cap too so if Ullmark signs a relatively cheap deal for next couple of years and is BUF's starter, he could be pretty valuable. The big question mark for me is if he has it to be a #1?
    The price I'd be paying is steep - Keller - but in our league that counts G,A,PPP,+/-,PIM and Hits and BS (0.5 weightings for last two cats), Keller's value is not that great. Plus he will be expensive next year - $7.15 AAV. If he turns into a 70-point player, I guess he'll have value but if Ullmark becomes a middling starter, his value would be higher.