Thread: Ceci or Ghost

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Ceci or Ghost

Team in sig, I've been offered Ghost (plus prospect) for Ceci (plus slightly better prospect) likely something along the lines of Lundkvist / Batherson (me).

Prospects aren't really a big deal for me as I'm loaded in young talent so I'm trying to gauge Ceci for Ghost one for one... this would obviously be a huge buy low but also a huge risk.

Ceci is averaging 4.8fp/g
    Ghost 3.75fp/g

Ghost has also been scratched a few times and I'm contending so that is a pretty rubbish. Ceci is obviously not great but he basically guarantees me 4-6 fp/g with his hits/blocks, whereas Ghost can go multiple games with less than 1fp.

Would you take the risk? at the end of the season I'd move Hughes up if i can't trade Ceci anyway - I'm not doing it now due to an impending expansion where I'd have to protect him.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Ceci or Ghost

In a 1 year multi-cat league where you are contending, you basically have to keep Ceci here. He's pretty much fungible, and he's got no trade value, so in a vacuum, this is a pretty good offer, but Vigneault and Gostisbehere don't work well together.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    In a 1 year multi-cat league where you are contending, you basically have to keep Ceci here. He's pretty much fungible, and he's got no trade value, so in a vacuum, this is a pretty good offer, but Vigneault and Gostisbehere don't work well together.
    So in a dynasty, you'd say it's worth the risk to take Ghost?
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

I would, but doing it now in your situation means you are hoping Gostisbehere gets moved before you have to decide on what to do with Hughes. So it's mroe like a one-year sort of thing.

For reference, I dealt Ceci in my multi-cat cap dynasty in the offseason; sent him and a 3rd for Shattenkirk and a 5th. That buy low has worked great, Shattenkirk's contract is so cheap I can shuttle him in & out of the lineup without needing to clear waivers.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think I'd just hold the guy who's offering something to your lineup. To be fair, all Gostisbehere will offer (when he IS going) is offense, and from what I can see, your roster looks pretty good there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Who would have though you'd see a trade offer like this a few years ago (:

To make it even worse or weirder, I stick with Ceci. He stuffs the banger stats big time. Ghost, if he arises from the dead, which is unknown, is one dimensional. You don't need Ghost, you have nice balance right now.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Who would have though you'd see a trade offer like this a few years ago. (:

To make it even worse
    or weirder, I stick with Ceci. He stuffs the banger stats big time. Ghost, if he arises from the dead, which is unknown, is one dimensional. You don't need Ghost, you have nice balance right now.
    If you want to make it seem even worse I expect a deal like this go down in the NHL when the Flyers trade Gostisbehere, but I think Ceci is a bit pricier and younger than what they end up with in return.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    If you want to make it seem even worse I expect a deal like this go down in the NHL when the Flyers trade Gostisbehere, but I think Ceci is a bit pricier and younger than what they end up with in return.
    Ya, that wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf