Thread: Trading for big fish!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading for big fish!

Looking to acquire either Macdavid or MacKinnon from an owner that in in need of depth. His team basically has the above 2 plus pasta and hall, but then a bunch of waiver claims. Who off my team could I offer for either macdavid, Mac, or pasta? I searched trades of these players and don’t seem many of them moved for players similar to mine. Who have you seen moved for these players? Any help would be awesome. Thanks
    14 teams Full Dyansty.Points-G/A3.5,Plus/Minus(1/-1),PIM .5,PPP 2, Blocks .5,GWG 3,Hits .25. Goalies- Wins 3, Saves .15, SHO 6. 20 Roster: 3C,3RW,3 LW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2Goalie starts C: Stutzle,Aho,Petterson. RW:Guentzel, Marner, Boldy, Hagel, Jarvis. LW:Laine, Draisaitl,Kaprizov, Huberdeau. D:Hedman,Dahlin,Heiskanen, Boqvist. G:Vas,Helly, Sorokin. Prospects​: Denisenko,Raty,Morrow,Lambert, Askerov, Wallsteadt.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Trading for big fish!

If I was him I would be expecting the following at minimum depending what he needs.

McDavid would require two elite players + at least.
    Mack would need a comparable elite player and a nice piece extra (i.e., Draisaitl. We've seen Mack dominate without his top teammates. We haven't seen Drai dominate without McDavid yet)
    Pasta is tough as well, on arguably a top 3 line and he shoots and hits more than Draisaitl. Arguably the best scorer in the league right now.

In short, you're going to have to give up a lot to land any of those players. The only players I would even consider if I was him would be Petey, Guentzel, Draisaitl, Hedman, Dahlin, Heiskanen and Vas. It would take multiple of these guys to move any of the players you mentioned.
    H2H - 3 keepers (4 year max.) - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 1 F, 4 D, 1 Util., 2 G, 3 Bench, IR, IR+, IR+

Skaters - G, A, P, +/-, SOG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - McDavid, Crosby, Kyrou
    RW - Kuch, P. Kane, Batherson, Wilson
    LW - Fiala, Hagel, Verhaeghe
    D - Dahlin, Hedman, Morrissey, Theodore, Dunn
    G - Hellebuyck, Ullmark, Binnington
    IR - Sergachev

The Great One

If I'm the OGM, I likely don't move McDavid unless you include Draisaitl + 2 stars. Mack, I'd want Draisaitl and a really nice piece.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I tried aquiring Mack and told the GM that has him I was willing to pay any price, didnt even bite. McJesus and Mack are starting to be permanently off the market.
    12 Team H2H, 2 Keeper - 2017, 2018 Champion
    Weekly Roster Set
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PP, Shots, BLKS, Wins, SV%, SO, Min 2 goalie starts/week
    C: Stamkos, Point
    RW: Seguin, Kucherov
    LW: Connor, Forsberg
    D: Carlson, Letang, Toews, Krug
    G: Bob, Thompson
    Bench: E. Kane, Duchene, Sanderson, W. Karlsson

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    I tried aquiring Mack and told the GM that has him I was willing to pay any price, didnt even bite. McJesus and Mack are starting to be permanently off the market.
    This doesn't surprise me. Unless you go in with an overpay offer, those guys won't go anywhere. The only hope you have is that C's are easier to find, so a star winger with Draisaitl should be a very tempting piece...