Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mat Dumba buy low?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Mat Dumba buy low?

Averaging 23:06 mpg with 2:06 pp time, but he's on a 28 point pace over 82 games.

What are your projections moving forward?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Mat Dumba buy low?

MIN stinks. I think 35 pts by end of year would be a success at this point.

Dobber Sports Master

depends on what the buy low price I guess . Minney seems to be scoring a bit more over the past few weeks

Dobber Sports Initiate

Because I’m a masochist, I’ve watched Minny’s last three games to try and figure out why Dumba sucks balls for me. My answer is because Dumba sucks. I’m stuck with him unless I get the courage to drop him for Skjei.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Because I’m a masochist, I’ve watched Minny’s last three games to try and figure out why Dumba sucks balls for me. My answer is because Dumba sucks. I’m stuck with him unless I get the courage to drop him for Skjei.
    I have the same dilemma with Dumba. He did get injured recently and couldn't finish a couple of games. Perhaps, that's lingering for him? Same kind of thing with Morgan Rielly who missed practices with an undisclosed injury and hasn't been right for most of this season.

So hard to outright drop Dumba because you just feel he's going to take off once you do that.

I've been holding in the hopes Guerin moves him. I'm also hopeful of a big 2nd half after he gets a chance to get away from it during the break.

Still, I've had players queued up to add and hovered the trackpad over Dumba and DROP and just couldn't do it.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I have the same dilemma with Dumba. He did get injured recently and couldn't finish a couple of games. Perhaps, that's lingering for him? Same kind of thing with Morgan Rielly who missed practices with an undisclosed injury and hasn't been right for most of this season.

So hard to outright drop Dumba because you just feel he's going to take off once you do that.

I've been holding in the hopes Guerin moves him. I'm also hopeful of a big 2nd half after he gets a chance to get away from it during the break.

Still, I've had players queued up to add and hovered the trackpad over Dumba and DROP and just couldn't do it.
    I’m in the same boat, still can’t find a better replacement to pick up yet though. The issue is he’s hmbehind Suter and Spurgeon on the depth chart so isn’t getting the same quality ice time.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Rookie

I think you gotta hold unless you want to roll the dice on another slumping player with similar upside.

I traded Meier for him almost a month ago now, and although it might(probably) bite me this year, I still think he has loads of value in a keeper league.

I've hedged by adding and dropping Fox a few times as 6th D when I only need 5. I haven't quite been comfortable enough to drop Dumba and go with Fox as his replacement. In my points-only league I don't see the upside in ditching Dumba when he's 15-20 points behind the replacements. It only matters what happens the rest of the way if I move today and that minuscule point gap built up over 28 games or so isn't enough to entice me to do that...yet.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Stud

Spurgeon is now out for a couple of weeks and Dumba is up on the top pairing with Suter so hopefully this gets him going. But he’s not getting PP1 time yet based on today’s practice
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Administrator

Long-term Dumba is an awesome player to own. Short-term it depends on the league. In shallow leagues you shouldn't bother with him because there are so many good alternatives out there.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

In nearly any keeper/dynasty format, I'd recommend buying low in Dumba. Only in shallow leagues (as mentioned above), is he questionable.

I do anticipate that he will average 50+ points over the next 5+ years.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Buy low for me. Minny has played an absurd amount of road games so far. Historically Dumba has done a lot better at home.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think long term Dumba will be fine - I don’t think people realize the difficulty of recovering from a torn peck... it’s a hard muscle to rehab so it was pretty apparent that he may not be back to normal until later. This would also obviously affect his shot and line placement on the top PP

Dobber Sports Veteran

Let's see what he does over the next two weeks with Spurgeon out. Hope he finds his way again.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Now is the timer to buy low on Dumba, especially in dynasty leagues
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO