Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Circles of fantasy hell

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Circles of fantasy hell

Sadly, I am guilty of some of these. When I make an offer, usually I'll always have good intentions and I've never tried to willingly screw anyone over. Unfortunately, after trying so hard to justify the offer, it usually comes down to there not being a big enough point difference for that trade to make sense to the other GM. I'll also get defensive over some players but that's usually towards the ones that say the player is trash without giving a valid reason. Like I had Letang one time and he was having a slow start but that was enough for someone to say he's garbage. I fought that one haha. I'm usually very quick to respond to any offers I get my way. I hate making one and seeing they read it, but never respond back. Simple yes or no would be sufficient. In the end, I try to be very respectful to my fellow GMs, fun trash talking aside, but there are times I need to check myself and shut up. The biggest pet peeve I have is the GMs trying to offer me guys that are going to be unprotected the next season, for say a good draft pick or player and prospect in return. Simply because they think as a bottom feeder, I should just take anything.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes... you missed one... not sure which title you want to give it... but it a break-off of the Elitism one. There are those people that you try to trade with all season and never get an offer back or a counter or anything... and then they make a trade with someone else in the league. Usually involving a player that you have been trying to trade for all season... and they give them away for cheaper than the offers you feel that you have sent... without any discussion... when you have clearly been interested in that player all year!
    I've been thinking about being this guy. There's a guy in my league who has sent me over 30 trade proposals. He usually picks someone off the waiver wire that I've dropped and offers him back to me. He's offered waiver guys for Marner, when Marner wasn't hurt. He literally bugs me and with him in a league I know no one it feels personal with him. He's asked for Jack Hughes about 15 times so over half his trade proposals involve him. I've blocked his email just because I'm sick of seeing his trade offers every morning when I wake and sometimes multiple ones in a single day.

What I want to do is trade Hughes for a guy he offered me that he ended up dropping. Someone else picked up Atkinson and now I want to trade Hughes for Atkinson just to drive him crazy. I'm not usually like this but the guy has grated me for weeks. My team has outscored his by 150+ in a points only league and he recently beat me in dramatic fashion on a Sunday where Barkov did nothing for 2nd day in a row and McDavid only posted 3 points. He hung on for a narrow win which irked me even more.

I was getting ready to deal Hughes off to another guy and then I read this and don't want to be the schmuck that guy is but I also want to stick it to this guy. Can't wait until I face him again later on this season.

Does this make me a jackwagon? I gotta...

BTW, I've sent offers to him and countered him with well written replies and he never responds with a single word. He's never said a single thing regarding any of his proposals. I honestly thought he had brain damage at one point. He's offered me Silfverberg multiple times after I told him I have zero interest in him. I started thinking he's sending these hoping I accidentally hit "accept" instead of "reject". That's the kind of guy I have pictured in my mind.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports All-Star

How about the Bad Blood Private Message Shit Disturber. This Fantasy hockey GM is always quick to private message a person after a trade explaining how the other GM took advantage of them and that he has to be more careful with this particular fantasy manager in the future. 9 times out of 10 it is simply due to jealousy because this person thinks one team got the better end of the deal and ultimately they wish they had made the trade.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    BTW, I've sent offers to him and countered him with well written replies and he never responds with a single word. He's never said a single thing regarding any of his proposals. I honestly thought he had brain damage at one point. He's offered me Silfverberg multiple times after I told him I have zero interest in him. I started thinking he's sending these hoping I accidentally hit "accept" instead of "reject". That's the kind of guy I have pictured in my mind.

Guys like this ALWAYS offer Silfverberg. Why is it always Silvferberg?? Or like, Wayne Simmonds.

I cannot tell you how relatable this whole post is, but especially this part of it. I'm in a league with some smart hockey people and trading is mostly ok. But there are, like, 3 guys in the league who have exactly the brain damage you are describing. Like, dude, I just put together the most thoughtful trade, sent you a concise but well-reasoned message about it, and even engineered it expecting a counter. And you didn't respond to anything for, like, 5 days, then rejected it and counter-offered a ridiculously stupid troll trade involving completely different platers that no one in their right mind would ever accept without a single word of reply to my initial message.

No I won't trade you Johnny Gaudreau and Brock Boeser for Jakob Silvferberg and Nikita Gusev.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Sadly, there is the rare guy who fits all of these descriptions. I have only known one and 4 or 5 of us ending up quiting. He was abnoxious, annoying, abrasive, insulting, mudslinging, trolling, etc. You know, like Trump. Imagine.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

My lowest circle would be: The lazy future ex-league office holder.

That can be the commissioner who doesn't send the rule updates to everyone, doesn't actually rule on disuputes, etc. Or it may be the treasurer who doesn't keep a good accounting, and actually falls a year or more behind, or anyone else who does mostly nothing towards what they say they will do while being "important" and then bails on their job and someone else has to fill in.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by MilkHotdogs View Post

Guys like this ALWAYS offer Silfverberg. Why is it always Silvferberg?? Or like, Wayne Simmonds.

I cannot tell you how relatable this whole post is, but especially this part of it. I'm in a league with some smart hockey people and trading is mostly ok. But there are, like, 3 guys in the league who have exactly the brain damage you are describing. Like, dude, I just put together the most thoughtful trade, sent you a concise but well-reasoned message about it, and even engineered it expecting a counter. And you didn't respond to anything for, like, 5 days, then rejected it and counter-offered a ridiculously stupid troll trade involving completely different platers that no one in their right mind would ever accept without a single word of reply to my initial message.

No I won't trade you Johnny Gaudreau and Brock Boeser for Jakob Silvferberg and Nikita Gusev.

I gotta tell ya. I thoroughly enjoyed learning I am not alone in things like this. I'm ecstatic this week because I haven't received a single trade proposal (blocked email must've worked?) and his team is getting obliterated by a team with one win on the season.

In the end, I felt like I was hitting a wall with as much time and effort as I've put into my first year of fantasy hockey. I don't think I ever worked this hard in football, and I spent entirely too much time on my teams there. Now, with this guy as motivation, I've caught a 2nd wind and I sincerely want to rip this guy the next two times I see him. Probably not good having this as a motivator but it is what it is and will use it to become a better more informed player. That loss flipped a switch for me. Now, I'm certifiably fantasy hockey insane. Wife doesn't recognize me now. I watch game after game after game and rewatch completed games in portions. Just obsessed.

Thanks to the crazy guy who always wants me to unload guys like Marner, Pettersson, etc. for Silfverberg!!!!

EDIT: What a joy to wakeup to the fact this guy dropped Silfverberg this AM. I should drop Hughes for him just for fun and then when waivers run put in a claim for Jack because I'm before him in the order. That way there's no way he gets Hughes and he's left to wonder how I could've rejected his double-digit Hughes for Silfverberg trade proposals.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Master

The people who contribute absolutely nothing to running the league but are the first to complain if anything isn't to their liking (to which they will contribute nothing to fix).

The. Worst.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Especially when the same person is fairly inactive. More time is spent bitching about the rules than running their team.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Maybe this one is too obvious?:

How about the likeable guy who most of the time does the minimum that is required to manage his team (so you can't really throw him out of the league unless you're really harsh), but forgets to set his lineup for a couple of days or even a whole week every now and then and therefore ruining the power balance in a competitive league by randomly giving big advantages to some managers while being good competition to others?
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Maybe this one is too obvious?:

How about the likeable guy who most of the time does the minimum that is required to manage his team (so you can't really throw him out of the league unless you're really harsh), but forgets to set his lineup for a couple of days or even a whole week every now and then and therefore ruining the power balance in a competitive league by randomly giving big advantages to some managers while being good competition to others?
    I'd say that one doesn't even remotely belong in the discussion, honestly. This is circles of fantasy hell, not kind of annoying behavior. Demanding perfection is a tall order, and life happens.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd say that one doesn't even remotely belong in the discussion, honestly. This is circles of fantasy hell, not kind of annoying behavior. Demanding perfection is a tall order, and life happens.
    Thanks. I'm feeling much wiser now.
    I sincerely hope you don't mind me posting also in the future if I feel like something belongs to a conversation even if you might disagree?

To me this belongs - exactly because it's not as obviously bad as other points mentioned: if you're the commish and you have such a guy in your league, your hands are basically bound. You have to endure it because taking measures might be exaggerated, yet, it does have a big influence on a league's outcome. It irks me a ton if the standings get messed up because of this.

Also I'm rather sick of the "life happens" phrase. If you're too busy to take 10 seconds to set your lineups, play in less leagues or not at all. I only play in a single league per season for that matter.

Can we simply agree to disagree then?
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    To me this belongs - exactly because it's not as obviously bad as other points mentioned: if you're the commish and you have such a guy in your league, your hands are basically bound. You have to endure it because taking measures might be exaggerated, yet, it does have a big influence on a league's outcome. It irks me a ton if the standings get messed up because of this.

Also I'm rather sick of the "life happens" phrase. If you're too busy to take 10 seconds to set your lineups, play in less leagues or not at all. I only play in a single league per season for that matter.
    I completely agree with this one. It literally just happened to me last week. The "partially active" GM didn't set his roster and was playing the 1st place team in the league. Mr. Delinquent lost to the 1st place team by 1.5 points. But he played 15 fewer games because he wasn't setting his lineup. If he'd have set is damn line up, I'd be one spot out of 1st place right now and 3 other GM's would either be tied for first or one game back. Freakin' maddening.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Stud

how about the guy that just #hashtags everything in chat. C'mon GM grow up.....

#supersoft

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post

I gotta tell ya. I thoroughly enjoyed learning I am not alone in things like this. I'm ecstatic this week because I haven't received a single trade proposal (blocked email must've worked?) and his team is getting obliterated by a team with one win on the season.

In the end, I felt like I was hitting a wall with as much time and effort as I've put into my first year of fantasy hockey. I don't think I ever worked this hard in football, and I spent entirely too much time on my teams there. Now, with this guy as motivation, I've caught a 2nd wind and I sincerely want to rip this guy the next two times I see him. Probably not good having this as a motivator but it is what it is and will use it to become a better more informed player. That loss flipped a switch for me. Now, I'm certifiably fantasy hockey insane. Wife doesn't recognize me now. I watch game after game after game and rewatch completed games in portions. Just obsessed.

Thanks to the crazy guy who always wants me to unload guys like Marner, Pettersson, etc. for Silfverberg!!!!

EDIT: What a joy to wakeup to the fact this guy dropped Silfverberg this AM. I should drop Hughes for him just for fun and then when waivers run put in a claim for Jack because I'm before him in the order. That way there's no way he gets Hughes and he's left to wonder how I could've rejected his double-digit Hughes for Silfverberg trade proposals.
    Pick up Silf. Thatll drive him crazy too.