Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Circles of fantasy hell

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Circles of fantasy hell

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Also I'm rather sick of the "life happens" phrase. If you're too busy to take 10 seconds to set your lineups, play in less leagues or not at all. I only play in a single league per season for that matter.
    THIS. Set your lineups while you're playing on your phone on the shitter if you have to.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Thanks. I'm feeling much wiser now.
    I sincerely hope you don't mind me posting also in the future if I feel like something belongs to a conversation even if you might disagree?

To me this belongs - exactly because it's not as obviously bad as other points mentioned: if you're the commish and you have such a guy in your league, your hands are basically bound. You have to endure it because taking measures might be exaggerated, yet, it does have a big influence on a league's outcome. It irks me a ton if the standings get messed up because of this.

Also I'm rather sick of the "life happens" phrase. If you're too busy to take 10 seconds to set your lineups, play in less leagues or not at all. I only play in a single league per season for that matter.

Can we simply agree to disagree then?
    I have no problem agreeing to disagree. I was just giving my opinion on that one, which makes it a discussion. As you said, you can't in good faith do anything to a guy who is a good dude, and is mostly reliable. Maybe it's more like purgatory or limbo.

I've also had to deal with people being seriously hospitalized or dying, so I guess I'm projecting that a bit.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    how about the guy that just #hashtags everything in chat. C'mon GM grow up.....

#supersoft
    lol the guy I mentioned did this all the time as well.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    pick up silf. Thatll drive him crazy too.
    do itttt

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by MilkHotdogs View Post
    do itttt
    That guy dropped 3 of his players around 5am Sunday morning and added nobody all day Sunday or Monday. This morning at 4am he picked Silfverberg back up. I almost rolled off the sectional. He only picked up 2 guys so he has one left. It has to be for Dylan Strome whom I dropped and will clear this AM. I think I'm going to get up at 330am and add Strome back now that I see his concussion issue is reportedly over. I know that's who he's holding out for or he'd have already added a 3rd guy, and he's famous for adding my drops and trying to trade them back to me.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***