Thread: Trade for Barrie

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade for Barrie

I am thinking of offering the below for Barrie and I am pretty sure it will be accepted; the Barrie GM is in full rebuild mode and uses his FA picks to get guys who have been dropped or who are breaking out and then trades them for incremental pick increases; good approach.

Give: 6th round pick
    Get: 7th round pick and Barrie

I would have preferred to do a pick swap around 8-10th, but unfortunately his/mine remaining picks don't allow for that. This would likely be a one year pick-up as I don't think I will be able to afford keeping Barrie (he'd cost a 5th rounder to keep and I'm using that for Eichel).

My biggest concern is who to drop. My other D are below. It'd likely be one of Dumba, Petry or Edler. Dumba and Petry were both acquired in trades and Edler is a banger beast, but I don't think it makes sense to run 6D and drop someone like Frost or Pageau.

Thoughts?
    TEAM (Previous Year's Keepers in Bold):
    Centres: Eriksson Ek, Crosby, Bennett and Lindholm
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone (IR), Konecny (DTD), Terry, Toffoli
    Dmen: Josi, Dobson, Seider, Letang and Montour
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Demko, Gibson and Ersson

CATS:
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk
    Goalie Cats: GS, W, GAA, SA, SV%

Roster:
    2LW, 2RW, 2C, 4D, 2Util, 2 G

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Trade for Barrie

No offense, but that's not a great offer considering how hot Barrie has been. Only upgrading one round? If I were the Barrie owner, I'd pass on that pretty easily. Then again, maybe your picks are valued differently than my leagues, but to me, that hardly seems worth my while as the Barrie owner.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I understand, but that has been the kind of offer that he has been sending around for other players. Granted Barrie is of a greater class than those other folks, but I think there is a good chance this will work. A lot of his other potential trading partners have already traded away their high picks in previous trades, so his pickings are slim.

Any thoughts on the drop?
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone (IR), Konecny (DTD), Terry, Toffoli

CATS:

Roster:

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Dobber Sports Deity

Only one way to find out if it will work or not, and thats to make the offer.

As far as your drop goes, considering you only start 2 at most forward positions, I'd probably drop Pageau. I like Frost a lot and think he's found a home.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Only one way to find out if it will work or not, and thats to make the offer.

As far as your drop goes, considering you only start 2 at most forward positions, I'd probably drop Pageau. I like Frost a lot and think he's found a home.
    Alright, it ended up being:

a) Pageau and a 7th
    for
    b) Barrie and a 9th

Great thing is that that 7th will (hopefully) be near the end of the round if I do well and that 9th will (hopefully) be near the start of the round if the other guy comes near last, so all in all should be closer to a one pick bump....

I think I'm going to try to swing a Dumba + Petry trade for a good buy-low forward......

CATS:

Roster:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Congrats, that's a great deal.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.