Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Bill Peters Under Investigation

Administrator

Default Re: Bill Peters Under Investigation

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post

It does though Eric, it's about society making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    No, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. At least the "over-sensitive" people you are referring to are going about it in a way that gets results. All you are doing is whining.

Again, stop it. Stay on topic.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Results?
    The only results from this Bill Peters incident are more divisiveness & white guilt and teaching kids that there's always someone else to blame when you fail in life.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    No, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. At least the "over-sensitive" people you are referring to are going about it in a way that gets results. All you are doing is whining.

Again, stop it. Stay on topic.
    Ok I get it. Here is how I relate it to the Bill Peters firing. What he said was wrong, but it happened a decade ago, it wasn't directly said to the person, you might draw that conclusion but even Akim states it was about the music and didn't say the word towards him, it was for a different organization or employer. If their wasn't a mob of people calling for Peters head than at most IMO this should of been a public apology from him and maybe some sensitivity training.

I am not sure what the fallout will be but it's looking like Akim might be getting some retribution pay and will most certainly get some endorsements, to go along with the notoriety he's already receiving. This opens the door up for more people to cry wolf or exploit situations for their own gain. I say as society we should have a little thicker skin.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ace

It’s always the same shit around here now. Could it be argued that EV wasn’t even this bad? divisiveness, negativity. These boards used to be enjoyable, now it’s the same shit ALL THE TIME. It used to be limited to the lounge, that vitriol has now spilled over into the main forum.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm sorry but complaining about the content in these boards is like that Ricky Gervais joke in Humanity where he says people are walking along and they see a piece of paper tacked to a bulletin board offering guitar lessons.

And instead of just continuing to walk along, they loudly exclaim, "BUT I DON'T WANT ANY EFFIN GUITAR LESSONS!"

Unfortunately, there is a fair bit of negative content related to the Peters incident. How does one discuss such content without discussing the negative aspects inherent in it ?

The Great One

I don’t see how Aliu gets a settlement based on a meeting with the NHL. The incident occurred in the AHL.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I don’t see how Aliu gets a settlement based on a meeting with the NHL. The incident occurred in the AHL.
    Loss of future earnings. It doesn't matter that the incident occurred in the AHL.
    It meets the "if not for" standard, imho.

i.e. If not for the actions of Peters, and others like him, Aliu may have had a lucrative NHL career. His scouting report indicated he had some ability, after all. This wasn't a pylon with cement hands. He had some solid pedigree.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Loss of future earnings. It doesn't matter that the incident occurred in the AHL.
    It meets the "if not for" standard, imho.

i.e. If not for the actions of Peters, and others like him, Aliu may have had a lucrative NHL career. His scouting report indicated he had some ability, after all. This wasn't a pylon with cement hands. He had some solid pedigree.
    I get the “if not for” piece. Not that I agree necessarily but I get it. However, both were in the AHL at the time. Any “what if” compensation would come from that league, not the NHL.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I get the “if not for” piece. Not that I agree necessarily but I get it. However, both were in the AHL at the time. Any “what if” compensation would come from that league, not the NHL.
    I heard he might go after Peters directly for loss of compensation. He most certainly will get some endorsements from this as well. It was a solid business move.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I heard he might go after Peters directly for loss of compensation. He most certainly will get some endorsements from this as well. It was a solid business move.
    Interesting - hadn’t considered him going after Peters directly but I guess why not eh?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: