Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bjorkstrand...here we go again

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Bjorkstrand...here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    Another 4 shots on goal vs the Sens tonight and no goals. He has 1 goal in his last 7 games, at some point you have to put it in the back of the net. I’m dropping him and moving on.
    I can understand the move, especially in a one year league. I’m in a keeper so I’m staying the course - and I feel even for this year, it is bound to change and then he’ll pot a bunch and his value will skyrocket. And he could be a huge factor come fantasy playoffs. Plus, last 2 games he’s played 20 and 21 minutes.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I can understand the move, especially in a one year league. I’m in a keeper so I’m staying the course - and I feel even for this year, it is bound to change and then he’ll pot a bunch and his value will skyrocket. And he could be a huge factor come fantasy playoffs. Plus, last 2 games he’s played 20 and 21 minutes.
    I've seen a comment from a member of the analytics community that CBJ is poised for a Calgary-like turnaround. Bjorkstrand wasn't mentioned, specifically, but he has to be one of the guys who is in that.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Icon

2 goals tonight on 5 SOG, both nice but 2nd one a beauty. And he was robbed of a hat trick when the refs called an iffy icing with him racing towards the empty net

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

2 goals tonight on 5 SOG, both nice but 2nd one a beauty. And he was robbed of a hat trick when the refs called an iffy icing with him racing towards the empty net
    You don't know how much I looked forward to your post. I knew it was going to be here!

Sadly, I dropped him last week, and, of course, he gets it going. I had to go out tonight and when I got home saw it was 3-0 final and was just hoping he didn't score. Double the dejection for me. Ha! I should've listened to you and the analytical voice saying lookout for CBJ, they were comin'.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

HE IS HERE TO STAY I TELL YOU!

I've kept him so far and I hope he can turn it around at the tune of 50pts. maybe more
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I benched him this week as a wake up call, you’re all welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerosen View Post
    Thank you. Now, it's my turn. I re-added him, and he's sure to go Matt Dumba on everyone.

BTW, I checked several times for a post from Ross and nothing. I hope he's okay. Don't know how he missed the OB signal last night?
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerosen View Post
    No no, it was me dropping him right before his 2 goal night on Monday
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    Thank you. Now, it's my turn. I re-added him, and he's sure to go Matt Dumba on everyone.

BTW, I checked several times for a post from Ross and nothing. I hope he's okay. Don't know how he missed the OB signal last night?
    Haha, thanks Dzingel. I'm just happy that a guy I've followed and touted is starting to justify my belief in him. I really like this player, not only is he skilled but he seems to have a great attitude and work ethic, and also appears to be well-liked (there's a nice GIF of him giving an interview where Foligno comes up and hugs him). I also think with his shooter's mentality it's a given that he's going to get more and more PP time, and with that will come the real breakout opportunity. Even if he has shaky periods this year, I think come next year you see him pass the 30 goal / 60 point mark and never look back.

Haha, thanks Dzingel. I'm just happy that a guy I've followed and touted is starting to justify my belief in him. I really like this player, not only is he skilled but he seems to have a great attitude and work ethic, and also appears to be well-liked (there's a nice GIF of him giving an interview where Foligno comes up and hugs him). I also think with his shooter's mentality it's a given that he's going to get more and more PP time, and with that will come the real breakout opportunity. Even if he has shaky periods this year, I think come next year you see him pass the 30 goal / 60 point mark and never look back.
    Going to hug you harder than Foligno if he pays off for me...in a virtual sense, as that may be a little too creepy for ya.

Looking forward to your posts after a big Bjorkstrand night has become a tradition like octopus in Detroit for me. I hope to see "8-arms" every night he plays out of you.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Icon

An assist and 2 SOG for Bjorkstrand tonight, and a whopping 23:35 of ice time despite OT lasting only 1:11.

An assist and 2 SOG for Bjorkstrand tonight, and a whopping 23:35 of ice time despite OT lasting only 1:11.
    I watched a decent amount of this one. I'm enjoying watching him. He might be a one-man-show if CBJ doesn't stop losing guys. Making the Pens look like a picture of health.

Keep'em coming, Ross!
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Icon

Interesting stats on shot quality, per CBJ beat reporter Alison Lukan:

Bjorkstrand ranks 26th among all NHL players in terms of shot quality, with .94 individual expected goals (iXG) per 60.

For further context, Sidney Crosby currently ranks 91st (.8 iXG per 60), Nathan MacKinnon is 69th (.83 iXG per 60), Alex Ovechkin is 29th (.93 iXG per 60), and Connor McDavid is 18th (.99).

Dobber Sports Icon

Another 2 goals last night.

Since 12/1, Bjorkstand's 6 goals rank tied for 9th in the National Hockey League in that span - tied with Draisaitl, Kane, and Stamkos. Of all the players in the NHL's top 10 in goals since December 1st, Bjorkstrand is the only player to have all his goals scored at even strength.

After a miserable start stats-wise, now on pace for 27 goals and 52 points over 82. Also, 19th point in last 18.

Hello breakout season!

But then that crosscheck from Severson and he leaves the game.

Noooooooo!!!

Another 2 goals last night.

Since 12/1, Bjorkstand's 6 goals rank tied for 9th in the National Hockey League in that span - tied with Draisaitl, Kane, and Stamkos. Of all the players in the NHL's top 10 in goals since December 1st, Bjorkstrand is the only player to have all his goals scored at even strength.

After a miserable start stats-wise, now on pace for 27 goals and 52 points over 82. Also, 19th point in last 18.

Hello breakout season!

But then that crosscheck from Severson and he leaves the game.

Noooooooo!!!
    I was out Christmas shopping and saw my point total spike right off the jump. Huge smile when I saw it was O.B. no J. Later, I saw it go up by another 3. O. B. no J, again! Was hoping for the hatty but he's no Noel Acciari.

That injury news cast a major pall over an otherwise tremendous night. His 6 from last night may help me stave off the biggest single day of fantasy hockey I've ever seen. I was up 96-50 in a points-only league. By the time the night was over, I was only up 126-107 and he left 12 on the bench not taking care of his roster.

Hoping if he misses any time at all it is only Monday and the break brings him back to full health.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3