Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bjorkstrand...here we go again

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Bjorkstrand...here we go again

....one of the greatest teases is heating up again...only on 3rd line put PP1...is there reason to believe THIS time is the time?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Bjorkstrand...here we go again

Please don't play with my emotions..... I don't know if my heart can take another letdown with Oliver.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Padawan

At the very least he's looking streamable right now. That's a start.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Stud

I haven't been burn in the past like some of you guys did...
    But his ice-time is a full 4 minutes up from last year and his PP time a full minute. These numbers are trending upwards recently and Tortorella has praised his work ethic.
    His underlying numbers are all very sustainable. 7 points in his last 4 games and 11 in his last 11 if you cherry-pick.
    He's certainly streamable and I think he can become a sneaky good pick-up for those GMs needing help.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    But his ice-time is a full 4 minutes up from last year and his PP time a full minute. These numbers are trending upwards recently and Tortorella has praised his work ethic.
    His underlying numbers are all very sustainable. 7 points in his last 4 games and 11 in his last 11 if you cherry-pick.
    He's certainly streamable and I think he can become a sneaky good pick-up for those GMs needing help.
    It's also worth noting he's on pace for 235 SOG and a hit per game. Some sneaky good numbers for those in multi cat leagues.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    His ice time is up cause there is no other "vets" to take those minutes and Torts will not give them to the rookie.

can he be serviceable 40-50 points guy? maybe. But many of us (put me on that boat) thought of him as a possible 70 point forward...that is long gone imo.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Icon

OK I have lots to say about Bjorkstrand, and it's almost all good:

- He is not on the 3rd line, he's on the 2nd line with Jenner and Nyquist and that's actually more like 1B given how Atkinson/Dubois are performing.
    - As others mentioned, he's getting tons more opportunity up to high 16 minutes per game from about 12 last year, that's going to translate into points and already is. Some games he's even snuck above 20min.
    - He's been a bit snakebit, shooting at a 9% clip despite having the type of shot that should easily put him at 15% and above - his shot is elite.
    - Dispatch post-game reports each game are excellent, and he's consistently been rated top Jackets performer over the last little while. Torts is raving about his overall play. Great piece here from yesterday: https://www.dispatch.com/sports/2019...-scoring-boost.
    - His current pace is 45 points (21 goals), but since game 13 he's put up 4 goals and 11 points in 11 (prorated to 30G 52A over 82).
    - Despite his slow start stats-wise this year, he was consistently playing well. And it actually started at the end of the season last year (8 goals and 2 assists in his last 8) and during the playoffs - Blue Jackets fans loved what they saw in that series sweep against Tampa, scoring 2 goals and 4 points, before getting largely neutralized by the Bruins.
    - Nice article on how he added a deadly slapshot to his arsenal: https://www.1stohiobattery.com/colum...trands-arsenal

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    OK I have lots to say about Bjorkstrand, and it's almost all good:

- He is not on the 3rd line, he's on the 2nd line with Jenner and Nyquist and that's actually more like 1B given how Atkinson/Dubois are performing.
    - As others mentioned, he's getting tons more opportunity up to high 16 minutes per game from about 12 last year, that's going to translate into points and already is. Some games he's even snuck above 20min.
    - He's been a bit snakebit, shooting at a 9% clip despite having the type of shot that should easily put him at 15% and above - his shot is elite.
    - Dispatch post-game reports each game are excellent, and he's consistently been rated top Jackets performer over the last little while. Torts is raving about his overall play. Great piece here from yesterday: https://www.dispatch.com/sports/2019...-scoring-boost.
    - His current pace is 45 points (21 goals), but since game 13 he's put up 4 goals and 11 points in 11 (prorated to 30G 52A over 82).
    - Despite his slow start stats-wise this year, he was consistently playing well. And it actually started at the end of the season last year (8 goals and 2 assists in his last 8) and during the playoffs - Blue Jackets fans loved what they saw in that series sweep against Tampa, scoring 2 goals and 4 points, before getting largely neutralized by the Bruins.
    - Nice article on how he added a deadly slapshot to his arsenal: https://www.1stohiobattery.com/colum...trands-arsenal
    I have to give you credit. I added Bjorkstrand the other night as I recalled your repeated positive pump ups matched with the production I was seeing in his recent numbers. I was hoping to see you comment in this thread and you didn't disappoint. I once thought you were crazy when you were touting him, but now I realize you're perfectly sane.

Man, I wish someone believed in me like you do Oliver. Thanks, again. He scored one last night on that beautiful tip. Off to a good start with him, apparently, unlike a lot of others.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I once thought you were crazy when you were touting him, but now I realize you're perfectly sane.
    Thanks, I am not always right, but I am usually sane!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Thanks, I am not always right, but I am usually sane!
    Great stuff! A real LOL for me. I'm glad you weren't offended. I meant in the best of ways.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)

Bjorkstrand had TEN SOG tonight? 21 over last 3 games and no goals nor points in all 3? Unreal.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Icon

Bjorkstrand had TEN SOG tonight? 21 over last 3 games and no goals nor points in all 3? Unreal.
    I saw the highlights - Bjorkstrand should have had at least 2 goals, absolute highlight reel saves by Georgiev. Great to see, more of the same from Bjorkstrand, they’ll go in eventually.

I saw the highlights - Bjorkstrand should have had at least 2 goals, absolute highlight reel saves by Georgiev. Great to see, more of the same from Bjorkstrand, they’ll go in eventually.
    I just watched... Looks like he easily could've had 4 with two irons and two incredible saves by Georgiev. Hard to believe he went 0-4 on those. Some serious bad luck.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Icon

I just watched... Looks like he easily could've had 4 with two irons and two incredible saves by Georgiev. Hard to believe he went 0-4 on those. Some serious bad luck.
    There’s bound to be a correction, and when they start to go in... Bjorkstrand may end up being a big time producer by the time the fantasy playoffs arrive.

Another great write up in the Athletic mentioning the 10 SOG, tied for most in history with Nash and Anderson, but also emphasizing again how well he played - and Torts gave him over 19 mins of ice.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Scoreless in the last 3 but really like what I’m seeing the last 10 games or so. His point pace has picked up (still around 50 on the season which is respectable) and he’s shooting the puck like crazy. 18-20 minutes the last handful of games. Glad I held onto him and hoping for somewhat of a breakout here.