Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bjorkstrand...here we go again

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Bjorkstrand...here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post
    Man I miss the Met. I'm still not fully over the loss of MN's (and my) first team.

2 goals and 6 shots in his return! Fantasy owners rejoice!
    Norm Green.

That huckster used to walk around the concourse shaking hands. People followed him around like he was the pied piper.

Not ashamed to admit the day they razed the building I literally shed tears. So many memories. What a great building with the seat colors matching the unis until Norm came up that "great" idea to make red the middle sections of the lower bowl. Dino, Modano, Gagner, Broten, Hartsburg, and so many more. Such a tragedy to lose the team and then the building.

Gotta admit on Bjorkstrand, I was concerned. He'd done little for most of the game outside of firing a nice chance into Shestyorkin's pads and then..boom! Gotta love it.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post

Gotta admit on Bjorkstrand, I was concerned. He'd done little for most of the game outside of firing a nice chance into Shestyorkin's pads and the..boom! Gotta love it.

Yeah but that's what elite players do. How many times, as fantasy owners (or even just hockey fans), have we seen those elite guys do nothing for long stretches, look like they're going to have mediocre numbers, and then BAM two quick snipes and they turn that into a highly productive outing. Bjorkstrand has the kind of shot that leads to that kind of outcome, he'll always be dangerous with the puck on his stick in a scoring area given his elite release and shot. He ain't elite yet, for sure, but I think he's getting there.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Yeah but that's what elite players do. How many times, as fantasy owners (or even just hockey fans), have we seen those elite guys do nothing for long stretches, look like they're going to have mediocre numbers, and then BAM two quick snipes and they turn that into a highly productive outing. Bjorkstrand has the kind of shot that leads to that kind of outcome, he'll always be dangerous with the puck on his stick in a scoring area given his elite release and shot. He ain't elite yet, for sure, but I think he's getting there.
    That's true. Usually, good to great players score in their returns and usually have a jump to them early. Didn't see that with OB last night.

My favorite thing of the night was on his 2nd he had no idea it went in. Looked to be in jovial shock. What a great moment.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)

Dobber Sports Icon

Bjorkstrand tonight, 2 goals incl the game winner, +3, 3SOG, 20+ mins TOI.

But you need to watch the goals to see the evolution in this player.

First goal ties it 2-2 - Dubois with the beautiful play behind the net fighting off two defenders, causes Dman to lose the puck to Bjorkstrand, quick give and go to Dubois back to Bjorkstrand who snaps it home. Beauty. Here you go: https://twitter.com/bluejacketsnhl/s...328215041?s=21

Then the GWG - Jones with a nice stretch pass to Oliver off the boards at the far right blue line. He receives the pass, bulls past the hard check from Kulikov, and snipes it from in close. Check it out: https://twitter.com/cbjfrontline/sta...947940864?s=21

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Would you drop Bertuzzi (12th keeper cost) for Bjorkstrand (18th keeper cost) at this point for team in sig?
    TEAM (Previous Year's Keepers in Bold):
    Centres: Eriksson Ek, Crosby, Bennett and Lindholm
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone (IR), Konecny (DTD), Terry, Toffoli
    Dmen: Josi, Dobson, Seider, Letang and Montour
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Demko, Gibson and Ersson

CATS:
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk
    Goalie Cats: GS, W, GAA, SA, SV%

Roster:
    2LW, 2RW, 2C, 4D, 2Util, 2 G

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Melloj View Post
    Would you drop Bertuzzi (12th keeper cost) for Bjorkstrand (18th keeper cost) at this point for team in sig?
    I've never been in a league that had this keeper cost concept, and find it difficult to understand the impact of 18th v 12th.

Assuming the impact is not too large, I'd side with dropping Bertuzzi for Bjorkstrand - the big hits advantage of Bertuzzi is easly offset by the huge advantage of Bjorkstrand in SOG and the significantly higher goal and point potential. Something tells me that, even with your keeper cost difference, in light of Bjorkstrand's obvious emergence / breakout, he will always be significantly more valuable in a keeper than Bertuzzi.

Dobber Sports Initiate

First goal ties it 2-2 - Dubois with the beautiful play behind the net fighting off two defenders, causes Dman to lose the puck to Bjorkstrand, quick give and go to Dubois back to Bjorkstrand who snaps it home. Beauty. Here you go: https://twitter.com/bluejacketsnhl/s...328215041?s=21

Then the GWG - Jones with a nice stretch pass to Oliver off the boards at the far right blue line. He receives the pass, bulls past the hard check from Kulikov, and snipes it from in close. Check it out: https://twitter.com/cbjfrontline/sta...947940864?s=21
    He missed an empty-netter by 1/2 inch too.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I've never been in a league that had this keeper cost concept, and find it difficult to understand the impact of 18th v 12th.

Assuming the impact is not too large, I'd side with dropping Bertuzzi for Bjorkstrand - the big hits advantage of Bertuzzi is easly offset by the huge advantage of Bjorkstrand in SOG and the significantly higher goal and point potential. Something tells me that, even with your keeper cost difference, in light of Bjorkstrand's obvious emergence / breakout, he will always be significantly more valuable in a keeper than Bertuzzi.
    Thanks for the answer - sorry if I didn't explain things clearly, but essentially to keep Bertuzzi I would forfeit my 12th round pick. If I wanted to keep Bjorkstand, I'd only need to forfeit my 18th round pick (so Bertuzzi is essentially valued 72 players ahead of Bjorkstrand on that basis).

The other options is to drop one of Palat or Tanner Pearson, but they are really playing well right now and highly ranked under the league rules (although that way I could conceivably keep both Bert and Bjork).
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone (IR), Konecny (DTD), Terry, Toffoli

CATS:

Roster:

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Administrator

You would think a young guy like Bertuzzi would have some kind of trade value in a keeper league

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You would think a young guy like Bertuzzi would have some kind of trade value in a keeper league
    It's an odd league in the sense that keep 5 makes it straddle the line between a full keeper and a one year redraft. Plus with a keeper cost of a 12th rounder, Bert isn't necessarily *super* great value (his AVP seems to be around 14th -15th pick), so in a keep 5, you need to be on the look out for the super great value.

But ultimately, Bjorkstrand is on the FA wire now and is probably not going to last long there, and a trade will take time to settle and process.....hard to do when you don't have a real streamer position other than Pearson (who's kind of played himself into a regular, non-streamer slotting).

CATS:

Roster:

Dobber Sports Jedi

It's an odd league in the sense that keep 5 makes it straddle the line between a full keeper and a one year redraft. Plus with a keeper cost of a 12th rounder, Bert isn't necessarily *super* great value (his AVP seems to be around 14th -15th pick), so in a keep 5, you need to be on the look out for the super great value.

But ultimately, Bjorkstrand is on the FA wire now and is probably not going to last long there, and a trade will take time to settle and process.....hard to do when you don't have a real streamer position other than Pearson (who's kind of played himself into a regular, non-streamer slotting).
    Personally, I would rather drop Palat.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks for the answer - sorry if I didn't explain things clearly, but essentially to keep Bertuzzi I would forfeit my 12th round pick. If I wanted to keep Bjorkstand, I'd only need to forfeit my 18th round pick (so Bertuzzi is essentially valued 72 players ahead of Bjorkstrand on that basis).

The other options is to drop one of Palat or Tanner Pearson, but they are really playing well right now and highly ranked under the league rules (although that way I could conceivably keep both Bert and Bjork).
    Oh boy, no-brainer then to consider Bjorkstrand more valuable than Bertuzzi.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    He missed an empty-netter by 1/2 inch too.
    I thought that one went in. I was fist pumping waiting for the hats to fly. I was watching on my laptop, not my big screen, and was certain he nailed that one for the hatty.

Bjorkstrand is a different bird. That guy makes scoring a goal look so effortless. He's just standing there, puck goes on his stick. fires it so smoothly into the tiniest of openings for a marker. It's pretty crazy how easy it looks for him.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Jedi

I just acquired him in two pools. Now own him in 3/6.

Cost:
    2021 1st in 14tm dynasty (Expecting it to be 11-14th)
    2021 1st in 12tm dynasty (should be late 1st 9-12) & Ghost

If yesterday's Eastern Edge is correct & I'm in the camp that believes it is.. these deals will look like steals in 18mths.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

Thanks Ross.