Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bjorkstrand...here we go again

Administrator

Default Re: Bjorkstrand...here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    There’s bound to be a correction, and when they start to go in... Bjorkstrand may end up being a big time producer by the time the fantasy playoffs arrive.

Another great write up in the Athletic mentioning the 10 SOG, tied for most in history with Nash and Anderson, but also emphasizing again how well he played - and Torts gave him over 19 mins of ice.
    You just hope he gets going before he runs out of opportunities. He's unproven in a top-six role. So far it's taken almost top-line minutes to barely get him above 0.5 pts/game. He wouldn't be the only guy around the league who can get tons of scoring chances yet his numbers aren't that great. Think Lehkonen.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You just hope he gets going before he runs out of opportunities. He's unproven in a top-six role. So far it's taken almost top-line minutes to barely get him above 0.5 pts/game. He wouldn't be the only guy around the league who can get tons of scoring chances yet his numbers aren't that great. Think Lehkonen.
    What is wrong with Columbus? Seems like they have a stable of guys with really low SH% including Bjorkstrand. Only have 3 forwards that have played more than 10 games that have a double-digit SH% with highest at 13.9. (PLD) Shouldn't someone like Bjorkstrand bust out big?
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Stud

Grabbed him this week thanks to this thread, he’s been getting quality chances so you have to think they will go in at some point.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    What is wrong with Columbus? Seems like they have a stable of guys with really low SH% including Bjorkstrand. Only have 3 forwards that have played more than 10 games that have a double-digit SH% with highest at 13.9. (PLD) Shouldn't someone like Bjorkstrand bust out big?
    You would think so but until the results are there he's under threat to have his spot taken by someone else.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You would think so but until the results are there he's under threat to have his spot taken by someone else.
    What makes you think that? Results, meaning points?

He's just over a 40 pt pace right now which would be a new career high, despite a terrible start - that's after a 4-game stretch where he was pointless but the team scored a total of 5 goals and faced 4 goalies who stood on their heads - and he fired 25 shots in those 4 games. And before those 4 games he had 9 in 6.

I get that's always a risk. But I think if you read about it Torts has had nothing but good things to say about his game, and he's earned trust - obviously there could be coaching change, and Torts can change his mind (he's done that), but I think the signs point to him maintaining his ice time and position. It would be asinine of Torts to demote him to the 3rd line or something, when he's firing pucks like crazy and just snake bit.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What makes you think that? Results, meaning points?

He's just over a 40 pt pace right now which would be a new career high, despite a terrible start - that's after a 4-game stretch where he was pointless but the team scored a total of 5 goals and faced 4 goalies who stood on their heads - and he fired 25 shots in those 4 games. And before those 4 games he had 9 in 6.

I get that's always a risk. But I think if you read about it Torts has had nothing but good things to say about his game, and he's earned trust - obviously there could be coaching change, and Torts can change his mind (he's done that), but I think the signs point to him maintaining his ice time and position. It would be asinine of Torts to demote him to the 3rd line or something, when he's firing pucks like crazy and just snake bit.
    His TOI took a big dip last night. I'm giving strong consideration to putting him back on the waiver wire. Maybe, that's why I never reaped the benefits of JGP, Ryan Strome, or Joonas Donskoi. Cut bait way too early. The only guy I've been holding that is remotely like him, forward wise, is Jack Hughes. Waiting to see coaching change effect on him when they finally pick a new one and get rid of this interim.

If I drop OB nobody is picking him up in my league.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    His TOI took a big dip last night. I'm giving strong consideration to putting him back on the waiver wire. Maybe, that's why I never reaped the benefits of JGP, Ryan Strome, or Joonas Donskoi. Cut bait way too early. The only guy I've been holding that is remotely like him, forward wise, is Jack Hughes. Waiting to see coaching change effect on him when they finally pick a new one and get rid of this interim.

If I drop OB nobody is picking him up in my league.
    Don’t look just at TOI, read the always excellent game report here:

https://www.jacketscannon.com/platfo...mpression=true.

Quotes:

“Oliver Bjorkstrand, as has been the case all season, flew around the ice all game and had a great chance on Bobrovsky, who was on the case and shut the door.”

“The Jackets started with a power play but nothing came of it – Bjorkstrand was strong throughout, but nothing really threatened Bobrovsky.”

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

A 40-point pace isn't great given the role he's playing. He has to produce. It's not 2014 anymore.

Dobber Sports Initiate

he was dominant last night. Do the shots have to start falling in eventually? of is it like a guy who hits a ton of long foul balls...doesn't mean he's eventually going to hit a home run. Eventually, if his shot total starts to drop off...and really, that's al he has going for him now....you're left with a 40 point player.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Six more shots and a goal tonight vs the Caps
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He scored!! The guy has been shooting the puck like a mad man lately.

Dobber Sports Jedi

100 sog in 30 games = 273 sog pace. At 7% sh% there's clear room for improvement.
    He hasn't really established himself yet in the NHL as a shooter or goal scorer so to determine his normal sh% range is difficult.
    Will he become elite at over 14% or just good around 10%... ?
    Either way, if that shot volume maintains he gives himself a legit shot at a 30g season
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    100 sog in 30 games = 273 sog pace. At 7% sh% there's clear room for improvement.
    He hasn't really established himself yet in the NHL as a shooter or goal scorer so to determine his normal sh% range is difficult.
    Will he become elite at over 14% or just good around 10%... ?
    Either way, if that shot volume maintains he gives himself a legit shot at a 30g season
    The 100 SOG isn't the whole story, 26 of those shots have been in the last four games alone. As his role and PP time have steadily increased since the beginning of the season his shot pace and production has climbed.

In 12 October games he had 29 SOG (2.4/game), averaged 16:43 TOI and 1:45 PPTOI. He only had 2pts in those 12 games.

However he had 45 shots in 14 November games (3.2/game) and 13 points in those games. He averaged 2:42 PPTOI that month, most a full minute more.

In four December games so far (small sample size) he's got 26 shots and is averaging just over 4 minutes PPTOI. Average icetime up about 30 seconds over November but considerably more PP time.

Everything has been ramping up steadily as the season continues. Could be at a 300+ shot pace assuming he keeps getting the opportunity he's getting.

It's worth keeping a close eye on.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Stud

Another 4 shots on goal vs the Sens tonight and no goals. He has 1 goal in his last 7 games, at some point you have to put it in the back of the net. I’m dropping him and moving on.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    Another 4 shots on goal vs the Sens tonight and no goals. He has 1 goal in his last 7 games, at some point you have to put it in the back of the net. I’m dropping him and moving on.
    The wire is littered with guys like this...the talent is there...the opportunity is there.....they get hot for awhile and then back to why they landed on the WW. It's the reason why some guys are stars and why some guys are streaming WW fodder. Sometimes you get a guy who has been in a bad situation, like Anthony Duclair...and they just need a change of venue. Not sure that's the case with Bjork.