Thread: Vas + Gio for MacKinnon + Varley?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Vas + Gio for MacKinnon + Varley?

I'm hurting for scoring. And with Rantanen coming back soon, having MacK would really look nice on my roster. What do you think of offering Vas to a guy who needs a goalie? I'd also give him Giordano who has been a dud on a horrible team, but still has name recognition. And I'd ask for Varley and make him my #3 behind Freddie A and Kuemper. When Rantanan comes back I'd drop Vrana. Thoughts?
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Vas + Gio for MacKinnon + Varley?

At the start of the season maybe, but Vas is off so are the bolts. Gio has way under performed.

MacK is going to be top 5 scoring is almost all fantasy formats. The fact that he has maintained the pace even with all the injuries in Colorado is very impressive. I do not do this trade.

[EDIT]
    Let me say this another way. If you were getting the expected performance out of Vas and Gio, would you still make the offer or would you offer different players? To get a top 5 scorer, it would take at least Vas + Gio performing at their expected levels and probably still more.
    [/EDIT]
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm not following you. Yes, Vas and Gio are vastly underperforming. If they were playing at the level I'd hoped, then maybe I would not offer them in this trade. My logic is that I am not betting that either of them will have that top-3-round-pick year that I want from them. And Mac will. If the other owner wants to bet on their resurgence, then he will make the trade. But you're saying that you're siding with them, that they will produce and I'd be sorry to give up that much to get Mac? Just want to clarify what you are saying.

Thanks!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Initiate

No I am saying that I do not think you are offering enough for MacK. Where Vas was at the beginning of the season is somewhat irrelevant now. In my league, he isn't even top 20 Goalies based on the current stats (my goalie stats are similar to yours). There hasn't been a back - back vesna winner since Brodeur in 2008. This is because Goalies are head cases - as such they are far less likely to turn things around than a skater in a slump. If anyone can do it, it is Vas, but if the league were drafted right now based on current stats, Vas wouldn't be anywhere close to 1st round pick and there are probably 5-10 goalies who would go ahead of him.

Same can be said about Giordano. He isn't top 20 D in my league (my settings are different than yours). He also would be no where close to a 1st round pick.

MacK on the other hand would absolutely go in the 1st round. In my league he is behind only the hottest 4 players in the league (Pastrnak, Marchant, McDavid and Draisaitl). He has done that with tons of injuries to supporting players in Colorado.
    In my league Varly and Vas are right next to each other in performance for the season (23rd and 24th) so if you offered me this trade, I would see it as Gio straight up for MacK.

Please don't shoot the messenger.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Pro

Agreed. Highly unlikely this offer is anywhere near enough to get Mac.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin