Thread: How did I do?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default How did I do?

Team in my sig, 5 keepers where we keep one from each position. We dont get to keep our top our 1st round draft picks.

I traded away Brad Marchand (non keeper he was drafted 1st round)

I got JT Miller and Sam Reinhardt

I then traded Miller to another team for

Dadonov and Dahlin

So in essence I traded: Marchand
    I got: Reinhardt (Keeper), Dahlin (Keeper), and Dadonov
    12 team limited keeper league, don't get to keep our 1st rd draft pick and have to keep a player from each position (C, LW, RW, D, G). We also get to keep 2 FAs we picked up off the waiver wire during the year. League is set up as 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G

Scoring Categories are (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, Hit, Blocks)
    Goaltending Categories are (W, GA, SA, SV, SHO)
    Team Keepers In Bold:
    C:Zibanejad, Hertl, Schenn (Eller, R Strome, E Staal)
    LW:Huberdeau, Palat, Vrana (Tuch )
    RW:Miller, Reinhart, Connolly, Kassian
    D:Provorov, Morissey, Fox, Goligoski, Muzzin, Cole
    G:Rittich, Anderssen, Nilsson, Francouz

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: How did I do?

Could have gotten more for Marchand IMO. Best player in any of the deals by a large margin. Dahlin will be a good defensemen but you already had Rielly. I also don't see how Reinhart is a keeper with so many better Centers out there. Since the guy you traded Marchand to didn't draft Marchand, does he get to keep him since he was not his 1st round draft pick?
    H2H - 3 keepers (4 year max.) - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 1 F, 4 D, 1 Util., 2 G, 3 Bench, IR, IR+, IR+

Skaters - G, A, P, +/-, SOG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - McDavid, Crosby, Kyrou
    RW - Kuch, P. Kane, Batherson, Wilson
    LW - Fiala, Hagel, Verhaeghe
    D - Dahlin, Hedman, Morrissey, Theodore, Dunn
    G - Hellebuyck, Ullmark, Binnington
    IR - Sergachev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No he isnt a keeper for him either, and Reinhart has rw eligibility.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If this is the league where keepers cost you the round taken, I'd note that if it can fit in your sig. It's heavily depending on what rounds guys were taken in.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Return seems light, but yeah - we can no idea about the keeper rules in your league. If keepers are based on round, then we don't have enough info. If it's not based on round, and you just can't keep 1st rounders, I'm not crazy about this deal.

The first poster mentions you had Rielly, but he's not in your signature, so I have no idea what's up with that either...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Return seems light, but yeah - we can no idea about the keeper rules in your league. If keepers are based on round, then we don't have enough info. If it's not based on round, and you just can't keep 1st rounders, I'm not crazy about this deal.

The first poster mentions you had Rielly, but he's not in your signature, so I have no idea what's up with that either...
    I'm sorry for not providing enough info to help you guys with giving optimal advice. I'm still new to fantasy hockey, and the Dobber hockey.

In my league you can't keep a player drafted in the 1st round by any team. The way the keepers work is that it goes by round, so a player slides one draft spot up from where they were drafted the year before. So say you drafted Draisaitl in the 2nd round this year then next year he becomes a 1st rd draft pick. So with that said I will try to explain the trade better, and hope you guys have the proper info to give advice on it.

I traded away: Marchand (he was my 1st rd pick, which means that next year he can't be kept)

I got back: Dahlin (he was drafted 8th rd, so next year he is a 7th rd keeper), Reinhart (he was drafted 13th rd, next year he becomes a 12th rd keeper) and Dadonov

Side note: I had traded Rielly before I posted, he didn't have anything to do with this trade though.
    12 team limited keeper league, don't get to keep our 1st rd draft pick and have to keep a player from each position (C, LW, RW, D, G). We also get to keep 2 FAs we picked up off the waiver wire during the year. League is set up as 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G

Scoring Categories are (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, Hit, Blocks)
    Goaltending Categories are (W, GA, SA, SV, SHO)
    Team Keepers In Bold:
    C:Zibanejad, Hertl, Schenn (Eller, R Strome, E Staal)
    LW:Huberdeau, Palat, Vrana (Tuch )
    RW:Miller, Reinhart, Connolly, Kassian
    D:Provorov, Morissey, Fox, Goligoski, Muzzin, Cole
    G:Rittich, Anderssen, Nilsson, Francouz

The Great One

If you aren't a contender this year, then trading Marchand makes sense. Dahlin is a decent keeper for 7th round. Reinhart seems like a borderline keeper, given that that's only 12 RW'ers kept. Trade is ok, it just feels like you could have gotten a bit more out of him (to me).

Out of curiosity, what did you get for Reilly?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I gave: Rielly

I got: Muzzin, and Dylan Strome

In hindsight that's probably a bad deal for me but live and learn. lol

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jangoli View Post
    I gave: Rielly

I got: Muzzin, and Dylan Strome

In hindsight that's probably a bad deal for me but live and learn. lol
    Yeah, you trader a keeper D for … well. And then traded Marchand to get a keeper D. My advice would be to come here before you trade.

It would also help if you put some additional info in your sig (i.e. your projected keepers for next year, and the round associated with each player). You'll get way better advice if we understand how your league works, and the status of your current players.