Thread: New(ish) Hockey fan, looking for trusted resources to learn more about Fantasy Hockey.!!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default New(ish) Hockey fan, looking for trusted resources to learn more about Fantasy Hockey.!!

So I’ve been a fan of the game for a long time, but specifically my home team (San Jose). Last year I started dating a die hard Sharks fan and I’ve gotten really into it, to the point of following other teams.
    As a fan of Fantasy Football, I think playing Fantasy Hockey would be a great way to learn more about certain teams and their players.
    My question to all of you is where to begin the research? Are there more refutable sites than others? Any analyst with a good track record? I obviously plan on utilizing10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 hotmail.com

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New(ish) Hockey fan, looking for trusted resources to learn more about Fantasy Hockey.!!

So the easy answer is to start into a Yahoo league - they send you updates on your team members and the players’ “add” list. The individual team sites - e.g., [email protected], to look for news. Daily faceoff has line combinations and power play lineups. Fantrax is another fantasy site but maybe Yahoo is easier for first time.

Yahoo still has drafts for leagues that start even now (DO try a mock draft, sure, but you may be the only one on it, so it’s not as good as the mock drafts pre-season) — and first year you care SOME as to how your team does, but you’ll be a far better player next year — AND you learn a lot about players around the league which will make you a better fan and have more fun with it.

Good luck. ��

Any hints for ME as to parking/ restaurants around the Shark tank? I’m coming to San Jose in Feb for a game !
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: New(ish) Hockey fan, looking for trusted resources to learn more about Fantasy Hockey.!!

Welcome to the black hole that is fantasy hockey. I may be biased but I would say you're in the right place!

I agree with the above, that just jumping into a one-year public league is the best place to start.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyJobin View Post
    [FONT="]So I’ve been a fan of the game for a long time, but specifically my home team (San Jose). Last year I started dating a die hard Sharks fan and I’ve gotten really into it, to the point of following other teams.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]As a fan of Fantasy Football, I think playing Fantasy Hockey would be a great way to learn more about certain teams and their players.[/FONT]
    My question to all of you is where to begin the research? Are there more refutable sites than others? Any analyst with a good track record? I obviously plan on utilizing
    This website; the NHL.com fantasy section is fantastic as well. Fantasy hockey magazines in the summer are useful as they usually hold their worth unlike a lot of printed NFL stuff. And yeah to be honest, the way I figured out fantasy football was just by jumping in and playing it. Each year you come back with a better sense of who the top players are. That should be even easier in the NHL, as there is less turnover and you don't have a huge crop of impact rookies to keep an eye on. I usually just routinely scan the players list on the fantasy site ordered by own % to get a sense of who the top guys are.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

one thing that took me years to figure out was that there were websites who did all the work regarding starting goalies. i always found myself starting the wrong goalie and was dumbfounded why i couldnt figure this out. so the best site ive currently found that does goalies is leftwinglock.com. dailyfaceoff.com and goaliepost.com are also options. all sites are free

if you stick around until next year, the dobberguide is a solid buy. really helps me shape who i want to draft and highlights people i probably wouldnt have thought of targeting, such as being able to draft elias lindholm in the 16th round last year!

I agree with the above as far as sites. ive used yahoo and espn and prefer yahoo over espn. ive never used fantrax so cant speak to it

hope you stick to it. i like it better than football but i can require a bit more time depending on the league settings you join (daily/weekly roster moves)
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Veteran

You are rght in assuming that joining a hockey pool or three will make you a more rounded hockey fan and I have to plug this website as an amazing source for knowledge. I went from zero to hero in 5 years (in my league) thanks to Dobber’s guides and the members of this site. Also check out fantasyhockeygeek.com when you get into a pool, itll help you figure out player values based on your league setting.

Remember to have fun because its a hobby, not a job! Good luck!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd also recommend checking out a minor league game or two, as the seating is much closer. If you can get to a Barracuda game, that might be fun as well, since you get to see some younger guys. I seriously hope they have something going on with the "Baby Shark" song.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd also recommend checking out a minor league game or two, as the seating is much closer. If you can get to a Barracuda game, that might be fun as well, since you get to see some younger guys. I seriously hope they have something going on with the "Baby Shark" song.
    You're a horrible person.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    You're a horrible person.
    I am not a fan of the song, but it does fit, unlike many of the places I've heard it -or will hear it. My GF's nephew is getting married and that is their wedding "theme song" to which they will be introduced, do a dance with the bridal party, etc.

I cringe.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.