Thread: Svechnikov is Elite in a banger right?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Svechnikov is Elite in a banger right?

Svechnikov is someone I've been keeping my eye on as a potential trade target. His owner is about middle of the pack so I haven't reached out for a conversation on a trade yet other than just expressing some interest.

I want to make a play for the win this year and Wheeler is really turning into an anchor on my team - he has contributed very little other than hits and is a consistent minus most nights. I'd like to try to spin him into Svech, but I know there will need to be a significant pot sweetener for that to happen.

Would Wheeler and a 4th and a 7th be overpaying or not enough for Svech a 10th and an 18th?

Wheeler's keeper cost next year: 4th round pick (3rd after that)
    Svech's keeper cost next year: 6th round pick (5th after that)

Svech would definitely be a keeper for me next year along with Eichel, Bertuzzi and possibly Vrana

Thanks!
    TEAM (Previous Year's Keepers in Bold):
    Centres: Eriksson Ek, Crosby, Bennett and D Strome
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone, Konecny, Drouin
    Dmen: Josi, Dobson, Seider, Montour and Trouba
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Demko, Allen and Montenbault

H2H CATS:
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk
    Goalie Cats: GS, W, GAA, SA, SV%

Roster:
    2LW, 2RW, 2C, 4D, 2Util, 2 G

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Svechnikov is Elite in a banger right?

How many teams are in your league? It's hard to know the value of draft picks if we dont know how many players are getting picked. The only thing I can see is that each team keeps 5 players.

As far as your title goes, IMO, no Svechnikov is not "elite" in a banger league but he is someone worth owning and keeping for sure. His age vs Wheelers makes him valuable to many and if you are saying Wheeler is struggling in your league, I am sure others will see that too and be less likely to want him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ah I knew I forgot something in my signature. Sorry new to this. It’s a 12 team league. 19 rounds of drafting. 72 FA pickups.

The sale pitch would be that Wheelers one season removed from being a 90 point player and the Peg is struggling generally and I’m trying to win this year.

Yeah the age gap to me means that Wheelers likely on a downturn. So question is whether ceiling for Svechnikov is 70 points this year? Higher? His peripherals are really solid. Almost like a younger Wheeler.

Dobber Sports Deity

When people ask me "should I make this offer?" 99% of the time I tell them to go for it. 1% of the time I will say dont bother but thats only if it's a REALLY bad offer. I dont think your offer is a bad one, but as I said earlier, the age difference could really hurt your chances here. I am not sure he'd bite on this when Wheeler was producing at a top level because of that reason alone, but there's only one way to find out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Svech is not currently elite, no, not yet this year. (in a banger league)
    Sometime next year or the following, yes, he will be. That's probably what matters.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Svech is not currently elite, no, not yet this year. (in a banger league)
    Sometime next year or the following, yes, he will be. That's probably what matters.
    This - he's not quite there yet. I'm thinking about offering Matthews for him straight up, to give you an idea of where I value him in a cap league with (hits + blocks) as a category, but I think that might not work, due to the cap.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    This - he's not quite there yet. I'm thinking about offering Matthews for him straight up, to give you an idea of where I value him in a cap league with (hits + blocks) as a category, but I think that might not work, due to the cap.
    Yeah the wheeler offer didn’t work.

Would an offer of Eichel for Svechnikov make sense for me? Eichel is established and is elite already but I just don’t see Buffalo punching at the same weight level as the Canes.

Eichel would cost a 5th rounder next year to keep.

Would i need to offer picks to make this attractive?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Melloj View Post
    Yeah the wheeler offer didn’t work.

Would an offer of Eichel for Svechnikov make sense for me? Eichel is established and is elite already but I just don’t see Buffalo punching at the same weight level as the Canes.

Eichel would cost a 5th rounder next year to keep.

Would i need to offer picks to make this attractive?
    I would not trade eichel for svech at this stage. Keeping eichel in the fifth is a steal in a 12 team league. He's a guy you build around with that kind of value.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think the Eichel deal depends on how easy it is to draft centers versus wingers, and the entirety of your keeper plan.

Eichel in the 5th versus Svechnikov in the 6th is pretty much a tie.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.