What makes him such a good even strength scorer?

69 even strength pts in past 101 games (80 overall pts).

Also a +10 for his career so far.

Couture is the best even strength scorer for the Sharks so far this year, followed closely by Meier and Hertl who are tied at 13 (Meier has played 2 more games).

Hertl was out tonight of course, but nice to see Meier get 1st look on PP 1 in Hertl's absence, and over 20 mins of ice time.

I'd like if Meier was regularly on PP 1, but got to think he'll get more looks eventually.

He's an impressive young player, whether points or bangers leagues, nice he's not reliant on PP.

I was also mentioning in another thread how he's been more impressive at his age vs what Hertl had done at the same age.

Nice to see he's had 10 pts in past 8 games (4 goals) after a slow start.

I was reading on Twitter he was benched for a stretch in the Detroit game, then coach spoke to him morning of Edm game, no pts in either of those games, then had a goal tonight and looked super engaged. Goal was pretty nice too, power move.

14 pts in 23 games doesn't look great, but not bad considering he started with 4 in first 15.

He showed last year what he's capable of, aside from 6 pts in 12 games Feb & Apr, he had 60 in 64 in all the other months combined.

Here's to hoping he has a good rest of the year, and we see an even better Timo in years to come, I'm on the Timo train!