Thread: His Q. Hughes and Wheeler for my E. Karlsson

Dobber Sports Novice

Default His Q. Hughes and Wheeler for my E. Karlsson

Got offered Hughes and Wheeler for EK today. Karlsson has been a keeper for me the last 5 years (we do not have limits or cap). I am high on Hughes but this is a tough one for me because EK literally carried me to two championships in his prime. I wouldn’t keep Wheeler and Hughes would replace Karlsson as my dman keeper along with Hedman. I have not been thrilled with Karlsson ever since he arrived in SJ and I just keep hoping for more. Should I pull the trigger in the hopes of Hughes turning into a Karlsson-in-his-prime fantasy dman? Also I feel like Wheeler is going to come back around one he can play wing again. Leaning towards accept. What do you kind folks think on this one?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: His Q. Hughes and Wheeler for my E. Karlsson

Points only?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Novice

Not points only. My league should be in my sig, didn’t check the box when I made the post.
    10 Team H2H. 7 keepers. Cats: G, A, PPP, SOG, ATOI, Hits, Blocks, W, SO, SV%, GAA
    C - Miller, Scheifele, Kuznetsov, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW - Panarin, Kaprizov, Forsberg
    RW - Nylander, Hartman, Fiala, Kempe
    D - Hedman, Nurse, Werenski, Rielly, Weegar, Ellis (IR)
    G - Vasilevskiy, Lehner, Ullmark, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Genius

I love me some Karlsson as he led me to a few championships while in his prime as well. However, it may be time to cash him in and keep the asset alive.

I am not sold on Q.Hughes as an elite Dmen in a format like this as he does not do much in the peripherals. He is going to need to get 70 points with half of them on the PP to make up for what he lack in the Hits, blocks, TOI and SOG categories. (** I am a Canucks fan and I am pumped about Hughes in the line-up so take what I ever I write with a grain of salt.)

That said Wheeler could be the big steal in this swap. Sure, Wheeler has had a slow first quarter of the season but he has been just as dominant, if not more, the Karlsson.

Are either Wheeler or Hughes or Karlsson really solid keepers in your league? With 70 players kept in your league, and Karlsson not the player he was not that long ago, I might argue that screw the keeper aspect of this deal... this trade sure does make you better this season.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Novice

I feel the same about Wheeler. I’m surprised he included him to be honest. I am nervous about losing EK’s TOI and blocks but I think my other dmen can make up for it. Thanks for the feedback Moses.
    10 Team H2H. 7 keepers. Cats: G, A, PPP, SOG, ATOI, Hits, Blocks, W, SO, SV%, GAA

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like the deal for you. Wheeler is a very solid guy to pickup, who in theory could be a keeper, if not for you, but for someone else.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

This is a great buy-low opportunity on Wheeler.

I'd pull the trigger on this one. Hughes wont offer much for peripherals compared to EK but his offense is just as lethal as EK's today and is on the upswing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for re-affirming my thoughts gentlemen! I'll cross the keeper bridge next year, my team just got better.