Thread: Hotby + Yandle for....

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Hotby + Yandle for....

Hey folks,
    So I'm in 3rd last right now, my team has been playing better but I'm not sure where I'll end up

In saying that, the GM owning my 1st pick next year offered me for both Holtby and Yandle (both of which are on their last year of contract and are in an auction next year)
    For

My 1st 2020(top 3 likely) *rookie pool is kakko, Makar etc as they played first regular season NHL game this year
    2nd 2020
    Colin White

Let me.know your thoughts, I know it's not huge return but a) if I have the salary I can bid on these guys if I really want to next year and I can grab a top rookie as well
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

The Great One

Default Re: Hotby + Yandle for....

Very difficult to answer since I have no idea who else on your team is in this position, who many players you get to keep, etc.

The deal you describe only makes sense if you are punting this year. But I can't tell you if that's a good idea since most of the key info on your league is not listed.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Very difficult to answer since I have no idea who else on your team is in this position, who many players you get to keep, etc.

The deal you describe only makes sense if you are punting this year. But I can't tell you if that's a good idea since most of the key info on your league is not listed.
    Our league is all contractual, I can keep as many players as I have on contract, the biggest names that will not be on contract next season are Yandle and Holtby.

Most of my other players are on multi year deals.

Currently in 3rd last with a deficite of 75pts

I highly doubt my ability to catch up and win this

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given that you are so far back, and you don't think you can win it's a pretty reasonable return.

How do rookie picks work - I'm guessing they are cheap keepers until a 'rookie contract' runs out?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Given that you are so far back, and you don't think you can win it's a pretty reasonable return.

How do rookie picks work - I'm guessing they are cheap keepers until a 'rookie contract' runs out?
    That's right. So I'm guaranteed a rookie under cheap contract for at least 3-4 years

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given that, I'd make the deal.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.