Thread: Kakko (will rep)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Kakko (will rep)

What do you think we'll see from Kakko for the rest of the season?

He's got 8 points in past 8 games including two points on the pp last night (5 points in past 4 games).

For the league in my signature I was just offered Point for Kakko and Jeff Carter but am struggling with it; I am pretty good at C, Point has been struggling (due to his double hip surgery?) and Kakko seems to have immense upside...

Am I crazy for hesitating?

All input is appreciated.
    12 Team, Weekly H2H w/ Daily Lineups, Keep 5

[SIZE=1]Scoring: PLAYER: G, A, PIM, PP, Hit, Blk, FoW, SOG GOALIE: Save, W, GAA, S%,
    Positions - 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 5D, 2G, 5 Bench, 3 IR

C: Zibanejad, Eichel, Cozens, Fantilli
    LW: Stutzle (C), Benn, Nichuskin (RW), Lehkonen
    RW: A. Svechnikov (L), Wilson, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, McAvoy, Heiskanen, Nurse, Werenski, L. Hughes
    G: Sorokin, Hill, Schmid
    IR: Pacioretti

​2017-18 and 2019/20 Champion, 3rd place 2015-16, 16-17 , 18-19, 20-21

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Kakko (will rep)

point had 96 points last year and is 23 i think. if, big if, kakko ever reaches that point potential it wont be for a least a few years. tb has looked all sorts of wack this year and kuch getting hurt last night wont help the situation.

point would be a instant keeper for me, but given your centers, i'd maybe look to shop kakko for a goalie here
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Star

Usually with rookies, teams give them sheltered minutes or otherwise put them in positions to succeed. That hasn't really happened with Kakko. 3rd and some 2nd line minutes, mostly 2nd PP time, and not with stellar offensive contributors. He's still just 18 years old, so being thrown to the wolves, more or less, and doing what he has done, is a real credit to him. I think 45-50 points is a decent and probable result for him. We still have the prospect of a rookie wall coming in January/February.

All that being said, Kakko (like 99% of NHL players) is not likely to ever hit 92 points. If you had to gamble as to whether or not he'd ever break 92, you'd have to say no. Point, however, has done it, and is only 23 years old. On that basis, I'd deal Kakko for Point.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Point overachieved in a ton of metrics last year by significant margins, especially PP goals and sh%. It's unlikely he hits 92pts again and may be be a 70-80pt guy from now on. His floor could even be as low as 65pts.

I think Kakko (after a bit of a wait) can produce the same numbers from a more shallow position. Short term it's Point, long term I'd rather keep Kakko I think.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    Point overachieved in a ton of metrics last year by significant margins, especially PP goals and sh%. It's unlikely he hits 92pts again and may be be a 70-80pt guy from now on. His floor could even be as low as 65pts.

I think Kakko (after a bit of a wait) can produce the same numbers from a more shallow position. Short term it's Point, long term I'd rather keep Kakko I think.
    I agree with this post . I would not trade Kakko but I just traded Point for Zegras , a first and a second in 2020 . All the stars aligned for most Bolts last year , probably best year of most guys careers , I think .
    70-80 pts for Point is the reasonable level (still very good) . Kakko could swim with the 80-90 pts sharks for a long time .

This year Kakko could hit 60 despite the slow start IMO
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Kakko, but I wouldnt trade Brayden Point away to get him. Point is off to a slow start this year (so are a lot of Bolts) but unless you are in a 1 yr league, I still prefer his upside to Kakko's.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like Kakko, but I wouldnt trade Brayden Point away to get him. Point is off to a slow start this year (so are a lot of Bolts) but unless you are in a 1 yr league, I still prefer his upside to Kakko's.
    I currently have Kakko and am being offered Point for Kakko and Jeff Carter (who provides a nice shot rate and fw from the wing).

Would you trade the two of them? Regarding keepers, I'm facing some tough decisions at the end of the year in the keep 7 in the signature.

[SIZE=1]Scoring: PLAYER: G, A, PIM, PP, Hit, Blk, FoW, SOG GOALIE: Save, W, GAA, S%,

Dobber Sports Deity

As I say, I prefer Point to Kakko. Including Jeff Carter, even though he's clearly not a keeper for you, is probably a tad rich. What is your option to replace Carter?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As I say, I prefer Point to Kakko. Including Jeff Carter, even though he's clearly not a keeper for you, is probably a tad rich. What is your option to replace Carter?
    replacements in FA include Coyle, Acciari, Kunin, Spezza etc for replacing the fw from rw, the top ranked FAs include Paquette, Cirelli, Cizikas

I also have Kerfoot healthy and on IR with triple eligibility

Dobber Sports Stud

If take Point for Kakko all day

- - - Updated - - -