Thread: Byufuglien

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Byufuglien

Grievance filed. Sounds like hes chasing lost cash from the suspension. Anyone know what he had done to his ankle? How far away until hes at least healthy? Thoughts on him in general?
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Administrator

Default Re: Byufuglien

Apparently he's out till at least the new year. Otherwise we don't have the answers you're looking for. The two sides don't agree, hence the grievance.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Just know that it was ankle surgery and he'll not be back this calendar year. That's all reported on rotoworld.

Big Buff is his own person; that's my thoughts on him. Why he signed off as healthy at the end of the year last year? Who knows? Why he didn't report to Winnipeg and then go on LTIR? Who knows? He made this situation really, really complicated.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I can't remember who wrote up on this, I think it was Friedman, but basically it shakes down something like this:

It was a lingering injury from last season that he was playing through, and after the season ended, no one was concerned that it wouldn't heal up with rest during the offseason, so there was no need to discuss it (I don't know why you wouldn't document it though, I would think you'd have to do that).

Anyhow, over the offseason, without doing anything rigorous, it wasn't really noticed. Once he came back and was getting ready to go, it turned out it hadn't actually healed up as everyone had anticipated, so now it's an issue. I'm not sure if there was something that was missed, or what it was, but it looks like he needed surgery to correct it.

So now, because of how it played out, it's an argument as to whether it was a hockey related injury or not and how it should be handled, with the team/league arguing one side and the player/union arguing the other.

The Great One

Grievance was procedural - it probably doesn't come to that, although who knows.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/