Thread: Best goalie option for me rest of season?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Best goalie option for me rest of season?

Markstrom is my 2nd goalie and I'm thinking of moving on. Who's the better goalie Ros? It's points so playing time matters so splits concern me a bit. W 5 SV 0.2 GA - 1 SO 3

Markstrom
    Lehner
    Koskinen
    Korpisalo

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Best goalie option for me rest of season?

I would probably keep Markstrom... He is having a rough patch here, but that really could be just that Dallas has his number. If not Markstrom, then Lehner. Lehner is proving that he is a great goaltender despite team with porous D (meaning he didn't have a one off with Islander's system/coaching). Crawford has been great too lately, so these two have their competition to worry about (Marky and Lehner). I have them both. I am hedging my bets because I do have a feeling between the two, it may be Lehner as the best option by fantasy playoff time. Definitely one of these two though for me.

Dobber Sports Ace

Markstrom should still get more starts and I think it’s just a spell for van here. Demko is also giving up goals so it’s not just a markstrom issue

Chicago still seems determined to give Crawford continued starts. And he is actually playing better right now too so could eat into some of lehners time, even if he is clearly the better option
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Say no to Krugs View Post
    Markstrom is my 2nd goalie and I'm thinking of moving on. Who's the better goalie Ros? It's points so playing time matters so splits concern me a bit. W 5 SV 0.2 GA - 1 SO 3

Markstrom
    Lehner
    Koskinen
    Korpisalo
    For now I'd stick with Markstrom because of the playing time issue.

Keep a close eye on any injury news because Lehner becomes one of the best goalies to own if Crawford goes down, which is a very real possibility. Koskinen could be good too if Smith is out.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    For now I'd stick with Markstrom because of the playing time issue.

Keep a close eye on any injury news because Lehner becomes one of the best goalies to own if Crawford goes down, which is a very real possibility. Koskinen could be good too if Smith is out.
    This is the approach I would take. Right now it's Markstrom easily though.

The Magnificent One

Stand pat
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/