Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Others in the same boat?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Others in the same boat?

Do others have this same problem in their leagues?
    Most managers in my league won't make a trade no matter how far back they are and no matter what you offer them u till our trade deadline.
    For example I offered a manager the choice to pick 1 forward out of the group of Barkov,Panarin,Eichel,Mantha,Hertl,Hoffman, and I'd add Josi to that forward.
    Additionally they could choice 2 out of my 4 goalies, Samsonov,Jarry,Bernier,Ullmark.
    All of the above to acquire Grubeaur.
    His other goalies are Rask and Halak, we run 2 a week. And it's a keeper league, he could keep Samsonov for almost nothing ( $4 ) next year and $8 following year.
    This guys team needs scoring badly but still won't make a move. Guessing others are in the same boat, would like to hear some examples to help me with my frustration though!
    Deep league ( 15 teams) so nothing left on free agency.

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Others in the same boat?

Some leagues are just like that. Next summer look in the forums for openings - I'm sure you can find one that features more trading. You can even stick in this league if you like it. Lots of folks join multiple leagues for this very reason - to get different flavors of fantasy hockey.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Some leagues are just like that. Next summer look in the forums for openings - I'm sure you can find one that features more trading. You can even stick in this league if you like it. Lots of folks join multiple leagues for this very reason - to get different flavors of fantasy hockey.
    Yep exactly. If a league has a few managers who are really tight with trades it often makes the whole league like that.

On the flip side....you can go the other way where if managers know each other, they just make deals together without asking around. Equally frustrating.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am in such a league and it sucks. They draft and walk away. Only WW additions. It defeats the purpose of playing Fantasy.
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Demi-God

IDK... I think OP is being too stubborn about a manager needing to trade.

Here's what we learned:
    1. Weekly starts, with 2G.
    2. 15 teams.
    3. Other GM has three goalies: BOS-Rask, BOS-Halak, COL-Grubauer.
    (15x2 is the key numbers here. Key.)

So you want this guy to give up his only workhorse starter (Grubauer)... and you can't offer him back a workhorse goalie (just shiddy back-ups)!?!?!
    That's the hitch.
    Halak's better as a 2nd goalie then anything you are offering...
    And it still only leaves this guy with ONE team of goalies in TWO goalie spots.

Doesn't matter what you give him for a skater upgrade - though you are trying to soak a pity-party from us.
    You are decreasing the quality of his goalies (WEEKLY starts!!! Important!) too significantly to replace that with ANY skaters (which he HAS).
    Bold. Underline. (Deservedly).
    I've done these leagues, I loathe 13+ 2G leagues... it makes goalie value TOO HIGH. They become ransomable assets.
    (Note to all leagues/commissioners/formats: 13+team x 2G spots... kills the fun. 12 teams should be MAX count for 2G leagues. In "daily set", 13... 14 teams... it can be done, but it's tight on goalies.
    Those in RHRS, 13-team daily-set roto, can vouch that there is Not.A.Single.PRO.Goalie.Available.On.The.Wire... and that's shitty, IMO.)

For me, this is just OP complaining.
    15 team leagues with start 2G... goalies are DIAMONDS.

You can't just offer great skaters and expect to get a solid goalie.
    You are fugged if you think you can get a goalie for your skaters.

Problem here is not the other GMs.... problem is that you don't understand the skater-goalie supply-demand problem... and it's too early/too late for you to fix it with Skater-4-Goalie trade offers.
    #SorryNotSorry
    #Truth

Dobber Sports Titan

So you offered:
    Eichel+Josi+2 backup goalies for Grubauer?

How much is Eichel and Josi going to cost over Grubauer?
    Why would he do this trade if you’re the desperate one?
    The guy clearly drafted to get Rask+Halak+Grubauer, why would he alter that now?

I’m in a 16 team league, weekly lock, 2Gs, keep 1or2. You need 2 goalies to do anything in this league. They don’t get moved for anything less than 3rd round pick. I traded for Rask last yr and it cost me like 3+5+7+8 round pick (I think I got someone else too though).

Sounds like you’re just complaining really. I don’t see why he’d make the trade as it’s only the 7th week, and guess what’s easier to find on the FA throughout the season? Players not goalies. You said the only option for you is to trade for a goalie, you gotta pay then.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The guy needs scoring BADLY, without it he'll just continue to flounder in ALL the scoring categories, he's sitting in 12th place area in a 15 team league.
    He needs:
    Goals
    Asst
    PPG'S
    PPP
    PPP asst
    GW + SHOOTOUT goals.
    Eichel+Josi would help with those categories.
    Not to mention having Samsonov ( most likely #1 next year) as a keeper for basically no cost, + Ullmark.
    He's doing fine in the the 3 goalie cats and can afford ( my opinion ) to take a hit with the 3 goalie cats.
    OBVIOUSLY I can't give him an equal goalie (as was suggested) for Grubauer, +give him Eichel,Josi,Samsonov,Ullmark.
    If I had an equal goalie I wouldn't be trading those players for Grub

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by toeincrease View Post
    The guy needs scoring BADLY, without it he'll just continue to flounder in ALL the scoring categories, he's sitting in 12th place area in a 15 team league.
    He needs:
    Goals
    Asst
    PPG'S
    PPP
    PPP asst
    GW + SHOOTOUT goals.
    Eichel+Josi would help with those categories.
    Not to mention having Samsonov ( most likely #1 next year) as a keeper for basically no cost, + Ullmark.
    He's doing fine in the the 3 goalie cats and can afford ( my opinion ) to take a hit with the 3 goalie cats.
    OBVIOUSLY I can't give him an equal goalie (as was suggested) for Grubauer, +give him Eichel,Josi,Samsonov,Ullmark.
    If I had an equal goalie I wouldn't be trading those players for Grub
    He clearly thinks differently than you. Leave it there. Look elsewhere. Or zig instead of zagging. Go after players to help make your players insane.

Might sound harsh, but stop your complaining and do something else cause this is clearly not going to happen. And don't burn a bridge in November that you could use in January. My goalies aren't the best, I'm just managing them and hoping my players take over enough to let me win. Adjust yourself instead of complaining. Overcome the goalie issue, revisit it later. Might be still happen but in January.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm alright with this manager and always will be. I just find it funny that others commenting act as though I threw Kevin Hays and R. Miller at him for Grubs.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm alright with this manager and always will be. I just find it funny that others commenting act as though I threw Kevin Hays and R. Miller at him for Grubs.
    To be honest, it's tough to get sympathy on this forum when you complain about another GM not doing what you want them to do. I was offered Matthews+17th round pick for Eichel+10th round pick (I owned Eichel) and I rejected it because Matthews doesn't fit my teams M.O.

Can't complain about another person not doing what you want them too.

Administrator

What you're asking for is along the lines of what you get in EA Sports games. Throw enough at the wall and the computer will eventually accept!

At the end of the day you can't force anyone to make a trade. In this case I'm sure the reasoning is they don't want to take a hit to their goaltending. Whether or not you agree with their reasoning is irrelevant.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

If guys are actively using the WW, then it's clear that some of the GMs are at least involved in the league. It's tough sometimes to get guys to wheel and deal and just because YOU think the trade makes sense for both sides, doesn't always mean the other guy see's it the same way. You cant force someone to do something they dont want.

If he's declining your offer, then clearly he is involved and simply doesn't want to make that particular deal. Send him a message and see what's his train of thought instead of just sending offers.

If they are simply not replying to offers and leaving them in the queue for days on end, that's a different kettle of fish.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This manager wants to wait ( his words not mine) to see what Grubs does after coming off of his injury.
    Like I said to him "fair enough".
    The only thing with that is he'll also think that if Grubs struggles for 2 weeks I'm going to send him the same deal.
    Am I wrong or shouldn't the price change?
    Where is I understand if Grubs plays well the price actually goes up.
    I've actively shopped the players mentioned in this trade +Panarin,B.Tkachuk,Mantha and others around this league for goalies like Jones,Mrazek,Lehner,Koskinen,Rinne Hart,Markstrom,Demko.
    Almost all these managers that have these players are in 10-15 place and need offense more than goaltending, specially since most of the categories are geared towards goal scoring.
    Yes I no I'm whining/bitching about this situation, I was just wanting to find out if others are in "the same boat" like the thread was labeled.
    Sounds like some of you are.

Dobber Sports Initiate

This manager wants to wait ( his words not mine) to see what Grubs does after coming off of his injury.
    Like I said to him "fair enough".
    The only thing with that is he'll also think that if Grubs struggles for 2 weeks I'm going to send him the same deal.
    Am I wrong or shouldn't the price change?
    Where is I understand if Grubs plays well the price actually goes up.
    I've actively shopped the players mentioned in this trade +Panarin,B.Tkachuk,Mantha and others around this league for goalies like Jones,Mrazek,Lehner,Koskinen,Rinne Hart,Markstrom,Demko.
    Almost all these managers that have these players are in 10-15 place and need offense more than goaltending, specially since most of the categories are geared towards goal scoring.
    Yes I no I'm whining/bitching about this situation, I was just wanting to find out if others are in "the same boat" like the thread was labeled.
    Sounds like some of you are.
    One of the things that makes Fantasy Hockey so unique is the goaltender. The most challenging piece (in my mind) is to value goalies appropriately. If you value them too highly, then you generally lose your league since you don't have the quality of skaters to win. If you value them too low, then you generally lose your league since your goalies can't compete. If you value them just right and do well on your skater picks, then you do well in your league. It sounds like you value goalies a little too low and the other manager values them a little too high.

This will make it very difficult to pull off a trade with this manager since he wants you to overpay for a goalie and you want to underpay. Your best bet is to find another manager who values goalies little too low. The problem is that they probably don't have the quality of goalie to entice you. The next best option is to find someone who values goalies just right. If their goalies are producing, then they won't want to trade them. If their goalies aren't doing well, then you probably don't want to acquire them.

This is why a lot of leagues don't have many trades that involve goalies.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Agree 100% with that.