Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Others in the same boat?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Others in the same boat?

Lacking goalies in a deep league is tough, and in my 12 team deep multi-cat league, there are no NHL goalies on the wire, and I took over a team with nothing in net (Pavelec, Neuvirth) behind Matt Murray a year ago.

The real issue is your teams have needs which sort of mesh, but you have no starters to offer for a better starter. If you wanted the Boston backup for one of your backups, that might work better., but it doesn't help you enough.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

In leagues where goaltenders are held onto with an iron grip really highlights the importance of grabbing them young and holding them. You mention you have Samsonov....hold him, that way you won't overpay for another tendy now and lose out on overall value of your team. Rather than sink your self by giving away all your offence, play the long game and come out on top
    25 man roster, 15 keepers
    G, A, POINTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG for Skaters.
    W, GAA, SV%, SO for Goalies

Forwards
    Gaudreau (lw/rw), Guentzel (lw/rw), Panarin (lw), Vrana (lw), Couturier (c), Teravainen(lw/rw), Suzuki (c/rw), Mangiapane (lw/rw), Boldy (lw/rw), Beniers (c) , Sharangovich (c/lw/rw), Mercer (c/rw), E. Kane (lw/rw), Barbashev (c/lw/rw)

Defense
    Carlson , R. Andersson, Liljegren, Giordano, J.Sanderson

Goalies
    Samsonov, Merzlikins, Nedelijkovic, Luukkonen, Francouz, Forsberg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

To add to that point, I also get very frustrated with other gms in my league, I'm also certain they are sick of my trade offers though. Two sides of the coin. And yes I have Andersen, Grubauer and Samsonov and I don't even consider a single offer that would include any of those three.
    25 man roster, 15 keepers
    G, A, POINTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG for Skaters.
    W, GAA, SV%, SO for Goalies

Forwards
    Gaudreau (lw/rw), Guentzel (lw/rw), Panarin (lw), Vrana (lw), Couturier (c), Teravainen(lw/rw), Suzuki (c/rw), Mangiapane (lw/rw), Boldy (lw/rw), Beniers (c) , Sharangovich (c/lw/rw), Mercer (c/rw), E. Kane (lw/rw), Barbashev (c/lw/rw)

Defense
    Carlson , R. Andersson, Liljegren, Giordano, J.Sanderson

Goalies
    Samsonov, Merzlikins, Nedelijkovic, Luukkonen, Francouz, Forsberg

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by n.ville View Post
    In leagues where goaltenders are held onto with an iron grip really highlights the importance of grabbing them young and holding them. You mention you have Samsonov....hold him, that way you won't overpay for another tendy now and lose out on overall value of your team. Rather than sink your self by giving away all your offence, play the long game and come out on top
    True. With the cost of goalies you'll need to hang onto Samsonov.

I don't see the original question as complaining so much as just frustration because that is a stellar offer and apparently hits a ton of needs for the other GM. I do get that the league settings and number of teams make starters super valuable and thats a whole other issue but if a team is a basement dweller then what difference does it make to win a few goalie cats and lose almost everything else weekly?

Anyway, plenty of GMs play stubborn or scared and no one can be forced to accept a logical offer so unfortunately you might have to hold the course, wait for the deadline when you say trading picks up and try to make a move that will improve your goalie keepers if possible.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar