Thread: Trouba for Schultz

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trouba for Schultz

Team in sig.
    I want to diversify my D, as Trouba is not getting the power play time and Schultz is. Mind you Schultz is not capitalizing on it. Trouba could pick it up in the last 3/4.
    Should I offer Trouba for Schultz?
    13 team Yahoo One Year/Points Only
    No Drops left. No Bench. No IR
    1 pt: g/a/ +1 gwg
    2 pts: w, +3 pts: shutout
    F: Pastrnak, Giroux, Trocheck, Meier, Marchand, Scheifele, Kadri, DeBrincat,
    D: Krug, J.Schultz, DeAngelo, Brodie
    G: Vasilevsky, Grubauer

The Great One

Default Re: Trouba for Schultz

Schultz has a low IPP, suggesting bad puck luck. Also, it's worth noting that during the very brief time that Letang, Malkin and Crosby were all healthy they had Schultz on PP1, which is huge. In a non-multicat I think I go with him over Trouba, who's being tasked with defensive responsibilities in view of the very young Ranger blueline.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Schultz has a low IPP, suggesting bad puck luck. Also, it's worth noting that during the very brief time that Letang, Malkin and Crosby were all healthy they had Schultz on PP1, which is huge. In a non-multicat I think I go with him over Trouba, who's being tasked with defensive responsibilities in view of the very young Ranger blueline.
    Interesting, thanks for the insight. I'll try the trade.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the insight. I'll try the trade.
    Unless there's a rush see what others here think first - you might get some other counterpoints.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

You may want to hold off for a tad. Schultz left practice early today. Could be an injury, could be nothing, and there are also rumours of a trade to Calgary floating around.

#Pens coach Sullivan said there is no update right now on Schultz, who left practice early. -MC

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    You may want to hold off for a tad. Schultz left practice early today. Could be an injury, could be nothing, and there are also rumours of a trade to Calgary floating around.

Great info as always Dennis.

Who would be left to run the PP if Schultz is moved to Calgary? Dumoulin? Pettersson? Maybe Pittsburgh would receive Brody or Hanifin? Crazy if true.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Great info as always Dennis.

Who would be left to run the PP if Schultz is moved to Calgary? Dumoulin? Pettersson? Maybe Pittsburgh would receive Brody or Hanifin? Crazy if true.

#Pens HCMS:
    -Matt Murray will start vs #NYI
    -Schultz out longer-term LBI
    -Bjugstad had surgery today to repair core muscle injury, our minimum of 8 weeks
    -Hornqvist will play tonight (missed last 7gm w/LBI)

Looks like we'll find out tonight. Schultz out with a suspected groin injury. I'd guess
    Pettersson and Jusso Riikola would see the increase in PP time before Dumoulin.

Also, the rumour floating around was Hamonic for Schultz but it appears to have been bunk anyway. Schultz has a 10 team no trade list and I'd eat my own face if I were told Calgary wasn't on it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post

Looks like we'll find out tonight. Schultz out with a suspected groin injury. I'd guess
    Pettersson and Jusso Riikola would see the increase in PP time before Dumoulin.

Also, the rumour floating around was Hamonic for Schultz but it appears to have been bunk anyway. Schultz has a 10 team no trade list and I'd eat my own face if I were told Calgary wasn't on it.
    Thanks for the info. I actually forgot to cancel the trade offer, and this morning it was revealed Schultz will be out longer term, and the guy accepted the trade haha so I'm screwed.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Live and learn I suppose. Though "Longer term" was only a few weeks for Malkin if I recall correctly. You could still come out on top of this trade.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
    Thanks for the info. I actually forgot to cancel the trade offer, and this morning it was revealed Schultz will be out longer term, and the guy accepted the trade haha so I'm screwed.
    I never leave a trade FOR a player on the table if he's playing that night... just due to injury happenings.
    Lesson learned.
    Anyways... in 1-year league it's a pretty level trade... sort of depends on when Letang is due to return.
    PIT, I believe, typically runs a 4F:1D PP1 unit with Letang when everybody is healthy.

Groins are shitty, nagging injuries... I would've passed on obtaining Schultz if that info was available.