Thread: 23 Years and Younger rank. Also who gets a 1000 points in their career?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default 23 Years and Younger rank. Also who gets a 1000 points in their career?

So points only throughout their entire career and who gets over the 1000 point mark.

Sure Thing:
    Connor McDavid

Likely:
    Elias Petterson
    Auston Matthews
    Mitch Marner
    David Pastrnak
    Jack Eichel

There's a chance:
    Mikko Rantanen
    Matt Barzal
    Sebastian Aho
    Patrik Laine
    Jack Hughes
    Brayden Point

Long Shot:
    Dylan Larkin
    Brock Boeser
    Kaapo Kakko
    Alex DeBrincat
    Andrei Svechnikov
    Matthew Tkachuk
    William Nylander

Add anyone that I am missing.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: 23 Years and Younger rank. Also who gets a 1000 points in their career?

Pastrnak should probably be there somewhere. 23 and over a quarter of the way there.

I think if we're going to put J. Hughes in there then we could also put Lafreniere in there. I'm told the upcoming draft is suppose to be pretty good. I'm on the side of its a bit early to put them in.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: 23 Years and Younger rank. Also who gets a 1000 points in their career?

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Pastrnak should probably be there somewhere. 23 and over a quarter of the way there.

I think if we're going to put J. Hughes in there then we also put Lafreniere in there. I'm told the upcoming draft is suppose to be pretty good.
    Added Pasta

Dobber Sports Deity

Brayden Point?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Brayden Point?
    Added Point

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Added Point
    Timo Meier on longshot list, everyone pumped his tires coming into the year.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Timo Meier on longshot list, everyone pumped his tires coming into the year.
    I thought about him but I left him off along with Ehlers and Connor. These guys are good but I think you need to at least have 70+ point potential than at that be able to do it for years. The 1000 point mark requires being at roughly a 70 point pace for close to 1200 games, its quite the feat.

Dobber Sports Sage

It's a rough number to crack. You basically need ppg for 11-12 years or 70 plus for 13. Assuming you have almost no injuries.

For some perspective guys that aren't there yet that you think maybe should be:

Getzlaf (15th season sitting at 938)
    Kopitar (14th season sitting at 910)
    Stamkos (12th season with 786)
    Tavares (11th season with 723)
    Marchand (11th season with 591 - tough to hit as late blooming point producer)

Id bet all those guys get there but it's just to illustrate how long you have to be around and a good portion of your career near the top of the league.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Whatever tier you have Hughes in should have Svechnikov. Svechnikov is about 13 months older, and looks like a point per game guy.

I'd add Konecny to your longshot section. He is about where Boeser is both in total scoring so far, and youth. Behind in points per game, but seems to be breaking out.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Whatever tier you have Hughes in should have Svechnikov. Svechnikov is about 13 months older, and looks like a point per game guy.

I'd add Konecny to your longshot section. He is about where Boeser is both in total scoring so far, and youth. Behind in points per game, but seems to be breaking out.
    If Konecny gets on with 143 pts in 253 games, Meier should with 121 in 214. Meier is only 5 months older roughly, and they pretty much have same ppg in their careers.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

If Konecny gets on with 143 pts in 253 games, Meier should with 121 in 214. Meier is only 5 months older roughly, and they pretty much have same ppg in their careers.
    That 5 months makes him over 23, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    That 5 months makes him over 23, though.
    He just turned 23 in October, lol. Nylander turned 23 in May.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    It's a rough number to crack. You basically need ppg for 11-12 years or 70 plus for 13. Assuming you have almost no injuries.

For some perspective guys that aren't there yet that you think maybe should be:

Getzlaf (15th season sitting at 938)
    Kopitar (14th season sitting at 910)
    Stamkos (12th season with 786)
    Tavares (11th season with 723)
    Marchand (11th season with 591 - tough to hit as late blooming point producer)

Id bet all those guys get there but it's just to illustrate how long you have to be around and a good portion of your career near the top of the league.
    Its funny I was looking at that yesterday as well. I don't see Marchand hitting it now but also for perspective guys like Vincent Lecavalier, Brad Richards and Danny Heatly never even hit a 1000 points and at points in there careers their stars burned as bright as any. Here's who I got getting it that's almost there:

Eric Staal: 989 Points
    Patrick Kane: 966 Points
    Ryan Getzlaf: 938 Points
    Anze Kopitor: 910 Points
    Nicklas Backstrom: 891 Points

He just turned 23 in October, lol. Nylander turned 23 in May.
    Ah. I assumed his original list was guys who were actually just 23 or under. I guess this is "under 24" then.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Any reason on choosing 23 as the age? Most of the time you look for "stars" before the prime age of 26-32 (hockey metric article I read some time ago). 25 and younger and you add Mackinnon, Barkov, Draisaitl, Monahan. Others I'm sure.
    H2H - 3 keepers (4 year max.) - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 1 F, 4 D, 1 Util., 2 G, 3 Bench, IR, IR+, IR+

Skaters - G, A, P, +/-, SOG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - McDavid, Crosby, Kyrou
    RW - Kuch, P. Kane, Batherson, Wilson
    LW - Fiala, Hagel, Verhaeghe
    D - Dahlin, Hedman, Morrissey, Theodore, Dunn
    G - Hellebuyck, Ullmark, Binnington
    IR - Sergachev