Thread: Pickup Klingberg off Wire?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pickup Klingberg off Wire?

My team is in my sig. I have two underperformers in my D corps and one young guy who may or may not stick. I'm inclined to hold both Barrie and Dumba thinking both are decent trade candidates in actual hockey so I'm hoping a potential change of scenery would jumpstart them.

If you saw Klingberg on the wire, are you dropping anyone in my sig line for him? Who and why?

I'm 2nd in my league in total points and currently in the playoff bracket.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Pickup Klingberg off Wire?

I know several teams are playing same night coming up: Tues/Thurs/Sat this week... and I think Mon/Wed/Fri next week with US Thanksgiving.
    So you should check your forwards schedule and set it.
    You'll know if you are benching somebody once or twice.

If anybody shows up benched twice in the next week, you should probably drop them.
    Looking at your line-up... I think Tuch (being injured this year) is going to get buried on any free agent list.
    I'd drop him for Klingberg.

(FWIW - Tuch can be a nice player to own... but he's slowly getting minutes back and hasn't been playing top two lines for VGK... so he's droppable, right now. Keep an eye on him though after you drop him.)

Dobber Sports Sage

Pacing for 45 should be his floor. Dallas had a slow start and he has the ability to pace for 60ish. Deployment should be a non issue. Your cats are close to perfect for klingberg.

I'd drop Barrie or Dumba on the back end but I don't love that idea.

I lean towards dropping tuch for him as you're deeper up front.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I know several teams are playing same night coming up: Tues/Thurs/Sat this week... and I think Mon/Wed/Fri next week with US Thanksgiving.
    So you should check your forwards schedule and set it.
    You'll know if you are benching somebody once or twice.

If anybody shows up benched twice in the next week, you should probably drop them.
    Looking at your line-up... I think Tuch (being injured this year) is going to get buried on any free agent list.
    I'd drop him for Klingberg.

(FWIW - Tuch can be a nice player to own... but he's slowly getting minutes back and hasn't been playing top two lines for VGK... so he's droppable, right now. Keep an eye on him though after you drop him.)
    I appreciate it! I'm trying to go heavy on forwards because Marner and Hintz are out which is counteracted by carrying no goalies. In this points-only league, I want to load up on forwards to get the most bang for my buck. I realize on nights like tonight, I'm benching 6 forwards but half of the other time I'm getting the benefit.

Tuch is the guy I had pegged for dropping for Gaudette who is blazing hot right now. However, Tuch looked good in his last game although he didn't score. Kilingberg may or may not be back next week.

Your input gives me a lot to ponder. Tonight, Tuch gets the woeful Leafs. I may hold through tonight and then make the move. Thanks, again.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***