Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Don Cherry's Grapevine Podcast

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Don Cherry's Grapevine Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    And I really have no questions on if he would have tried to re-create Coaches Corner. He's got a ton of stories where he can, and has, leave that part of his life in the past. To think, if he's got 1 story for every yr of hockey he's been apart of, he can do like 70 podcasts.
    If anyone is a fan of wrestling podcasts, Cherry could use someone like Conrad Thompson to run the podcast and have Don basically just respond to questions and tell stories. Conrad Thompson does this for the likes of Bruce Pritchard and Eric Bischoff and they're a really great listen.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    If anyone is a fan of wrestling podcasts, Cherry could use someone like Conrad Thompson to run the podcast and have Don basically just respond to questions and tell stories. Conrad Thompson does this for the likes of Bruce Pritchard and Eric Bischoff and they're a really great listen.
    Thing is, with Don's on air personality I don't think that would work haha. He would jump in to tell a story and dictate the next half-hour of the show.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Thing is, with Don's on air personality I don't think that would work haha. He would jump in to tell a story and dictate the next half-hour of the show.
    A good host will encourage rants and then find a very clever way back to the train tracks.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    A good host will encourage rants and then find a very clever way back to the train tracks.
    "Okay Don, we're running out of time. We have 30 seconds left on the podcast, let's get to this point you also wanted to cover."
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    "Okay Don, we're running out of time. We have 30 seconds left on the podcast, let's get to this point you also wanted to cover."
    And that's the point they just cut his mic haha.