Thread: Hutton or Ullmark?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Hutton or Ullmark?

Buffalo falling back down to earth recently. We knew that run wouldn't continue but, is this really who they're going to be for ROS? This team should be better than their recent play indicates but it is what it is. In any event, does it seem to you like Ullmark might actually take the job this season? He's been better and he's seemingly the goalie of the future there. I have both but I really can't carry 4 goalies for too long. Who's it gonna be? How do you guys see this playing out? Hutton was lights out at the start to be fair.. but Ullmark is the guy I'd be leaning on in Buffalo for the time being. Thought's?
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hutton or Ullmark?

Ullmark has always been the future starter for this team for the foreseeable future (UPL might get there at some point, but hes still far off, if he even makes it) and took good strides last year to prove that. His numbers this year have shown that as well. I think both will still get their fair share of starts but Ullmark is definitely outplaying Hutton lately, for what that's worth.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ullmark has always been the future starter for this team for the foreseeable future (UPL might get there at some point, but hes still far off, if he even makes it) and took good strides last year to prove that. His numbers this year have shown that as well. I think both will still get their fair share of starts but Ullmark is definitely outplaying Hutton lately, for what that's worth.
    Yes he certainly is. The ideal situation in our league is to have three starters so right now I have two starters and a tandem. So if I was to drop one, I’d obviously want to try to make sure that the guy I am holding is the guy that’s going to get the lion share of starts but it almost looks like a 50-50 split to me. Carrying four goalies is just taking away from too many skater categories.

Dobber Sports Ace

i think Ullmark eventually takes over. Hutton has shown he really cant be relied on as a starter. Could take this opportunity to trade Hutton before his value takes a larger hit
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    i think Ullmark eventually takes over. Hutton has shown he really cant be relied on as a starter. Could take this opportunity to trade Hutton before his value takes a larger hit
    Not that it really matters I guess, but is it Huttons fault or Buffalo team D? Hutton was on fire and the start of the season but then something changed. I too think that Ullmark could take that job. However, I’m sure he’d falter too if he was given the tough assignments that Hutton is getting..