Thread: Jan Jenik

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Jan Jenik

I had my eye on this guy in his draft year and I picked him up over the summer for my "minors" bench in my 31-team keeper league. He was talked about as a significant piece of the Czech juniors squad along with Martin Kaut, who went in the first round. I also read he was the youngest guy in the draft and one day later he would have been a 2019 guy. He just turned 19 in September. Saw that as an indication he could be a sneaky good pickup, without knowing much about him.

Fast forward a couple of months, the guy is top-5 in the OHL in points. He's significantly ahead of some pretty good guys from his draft year like Akil Thomas. His prospects page here has his PNHLe off the charts, and he only just turned 19 2 months ago

What are peoples' thoughts on him? Any insights?
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Jan Jenik

I don't know much about him, but Peter Harling covered him in his DobberProspects ramblings today.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

OHL Player of the Month – Jan Jenik (Hamilton Bulldogs)

For a second straight month, a Hamilton Bulldogs player has been named OHL Player of the Month. Arizona Coyotes prospect Jan Jenik takes the November honours after leading the league with 31 points including 11 goals, 20 assists and a plus/minus rating of plus-6 over 12 games. Jenik continued the OHL’s longest point streak since the 2016-17 season, wrapping up the month on a 25-game trend. Nine of his 12 November outings were multi-point finishes, four of which included multi-goal outputs. His month was highlighted by a four-point effort (1-3–4) on Nov. 10th as the Bulldogs fell to the Niagara IceDogs 5-4. He followed that up with a career-high five-point showing (3-2–5) that included his first hat-trick of the season as the Bulldogs won 5-1 in North Bay on Nov. 14th. Jenik scored twice on Nov. 15th in Sault Ste. Marie and tacked on three consecutive three-point performances from Nov. 17-22. In total, Jenik earned star of the game recognition six times in the month of November, including two first star designations, three second star assignments and one third star distinction.

A 19-year-old native of Nymburk, Czech Rep., Jenik is in the midst of his second OHL season after joining the Bulldogs midway through the 2018-19 campaign. He sits tied for the team lead in scoring alongside Arthur Kaliyev with 54 points (20-34–54) over 25 contests and is in the midst of the longest point streak in the five year OHL history of the Hamilton Bulldogs. Jenik represented his native Czech Republic in last year’s IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship and is expected to do so again this December with the annual tournament on home ice. He was a third round pick of the Arizona Coyotes in the 2018 NHL Draft. Jenik was selected by the Flint Firebirds with the sixth overall pick of the 2018 CHL Import Draft.

Also, Jenik approaches the half-way mark of Doug Gilmour's OHL record point-streak to start the year. He has a way to go to catch it at 55 games.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's looking good. I shied away from adding him myself as I think he's being buffed by Kaliyev. Coyotes could have a couple good pieces in Jenik and Maccelli

Dobber Sports Newbie

I'd pick him up before world juniors hype

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by HabsBlood View Post
    He's looking good. I shied away from adding him myself as I think he's being buffed by Kaliyev. Coyotes could have a couple good pieces in Jenik and Maccelli

When Jenik was out for a few games, Kaliev didn't do much. Kaliev is good but Jenik could be buffing him as well. Won't know until they part ways I guess haha
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson