Thread: My Jack Hughes for Price?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default My Jack Hughes for Price?

Keeper league in signature. I’m currently 6-0-0 on this season after winning last year.

I understand the value of having Hughes. I drafted him 1st overall in our re-draft this season. But I already have 4 1st round picks next year and it is looking like they are the worst 4 teams as I’d hoped when I made deals to acquire their 1sts. Lafreniere and Byfield will be mine.

Hughes is basically a free keeper as 82 games played is safe in our minors. That’s like having a 9th keeper going into next year for his owner (currently me).

I’m sort of a goalie fanatic. Should I trade Hughes for Price? Price is the 3rd best option for my team according the infamous Same Night Tool. Holtby is #1.

I see more value in Price than Holtby. Am I correct? And would you offer Hughes to get Price or one of Price/Holtby?

Thank you. I’m repping all I can.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: My Jack Hughes for Price?

I can see wanting Price but if your plan is to upgrade your goalie situation (although I am not sure it's a real need) then I wouldnt move Hughes. You have lots of other good options to move out for Price instead of Hughes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I can see wanting Price but if your plan is to upgrade your goalie situation (although I am not sure it's a real need) then I wouldnt move Hughes. You have lots of other good options to move out for Price instead of Hughes.
    What would you suggest I try?

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't think moving a blue chip prospect like Hughes is worth the cost to acquire Price. Price is 32 years old now, his numbers are OK, but not elite. More importantly, I agree with Axe, you have very decent goalie options already. There is no need to do this and certainly not at that cost. It's awesome to have the potential to be adding the likes of Lafreniere and Byfield but having that luxury doesn't make moving Hughes make any more sense. Stack up the elite prospects!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

Well I dont know what the other team has for players, or their strengths or weaknesses.

Do you foresee Price as a keeper for yourself? I'd offer up one of your other goalies and a skater for him if you need to, but I wouldnt be trading a sure-fire keeper (which you already know Hughes is) for a guy who "might" be a keeper for you. You have some very good skaters who dont appear to be keepers for you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Goaltending is historically voodoo, with them bouncing up and down stat wise year to year (Bobrovsky this year anyone?).

Your goaltending also looks fine and I wouldn't consider it an area of need.

Hughes as a free keeper for next year is golden. No chance I move him for Price.

See if you can get someone to bite on Benn + a goalie, though I doubt it. Might be the time to consider moving Burns? Not sure if there'd be takers given the stigma with age.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys. I’ve rep’d all I could. I’m backing away from thinking of offering Hughes. I’m happy with having an open spot to stream a goalie start here and there and also having the ability to call up 2 of Hughes, Makar, Gusev, Necas, Simak, Kakko or Samsonov on a nightly basis. With this trade, I’d only be able to callup one a night.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I am a bit late, but I wouldn't deal Hughes in your format. The free callup is worth more than an off-night goalie in Price.

I think Blackwood or a similar goalie would be a good target, as a free callup and off-night goalie in one.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.