Thread: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Dobber Sports Star

Default Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

So I am only a couple hours in, but so far I really like the feel and direction. It kind of has a Shadows off Mordor or Assassin’s Creed combat feel, but with Star Wars and Jedi. It did get great reviews, but I am leery; you know, EA and all...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

This will be my next game purchase for sure. Mainly because there aren't too many others out there right now but also because the reviews got me excited.

It looks like it nails the "Star Wars feel".

Dobber Sports Icon

It's not without issues but overall it's a very good game. The combat is similar to Dark Souls but not as punishing (at least on normal difficulty).

Dobber Sports Immortal

I picked this up and have been really impressed so far. Solid game.

Dobber Sports Icon

Probably my #2 game of 2019.

Control was easily my game of the year, one of my favourite games of all time actually.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Probably my #2 game of 2019.

Control was easily my game of the year, one of my favourite games of all time actually.
    Can I count MLB The Show every year? Because every year I just end up playing that the most.

As for Control, I honestly didn't even know what it was until I saw it win IGN's Game of the Year.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post

As for Control, I honestly didn't even know what it was until I saw it win IGN's Game of the Year.
    There are problems with the framerates (PS4) but the atmosphere and combat (especially once you get all the powers) were absolutely incredible. It's hard to describe, but it's got an X-Files feel to it (yes I'm old) in terms of the storyline - government agency investigating and experimenting with the paranormal, recruiting subjects, etc. The atmosphere they created kept me playing after finishing the game and getting the platinum trophy, and like i said once you get upgraded with all your powers and weapons the combat is a hell of a lot of fun.

I actually bought the Japanese version of the disc (ordered from Hong Kong) so I could do the platinum trophy again, which I've never done before (it's a separate trophy list for the JP version. Yes I am still kind of a geek).

I have no idea why this game was not a huge hit. It bombed in sales but apparently they are doing a sequel. Still 2 story DLCs coming this year, which I am very much looking forward to.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    There are problems with the framerates (PS4) but the atmosphere and combat (especially once you get all the powers) were absolutely incredible. It's hard to describe, but it's got an X-Files feel to it (yes I'm old) in terms of the storyline - government agency investigating and experimenting with the paranormal, recruiting subjects, etc. The atmosphere they created kept me playing after finishing the game and getting the platinum trophy, and like i said once you get upgraded with all your powers and weapons the combat is a hell of a lot of fun.

I actually bought the Japanese version of the disc (ordered from Hong Kong) so I could do the platinum trophy again, which I've never done before (it's a separate trophy list for the JP version. Yes I am still kind of a geek).

I have no idea why this game was not a huge hit. It bombed in sales but apparently they are doing a sequel. Still 2 story DLCs coming this year, which I am very much looking forward to.
    Well I think you just sold me. I'm all about the trophies as well so I always like to hear that platinum is at least attainable (without selling your soul/life)

Dobber Sports Immortal

So I did beat the game and enjoyed the story very much, I just wish there was more action!! It's not until near the end where you're fully upgraded but all you ever get to do is fight 3-4 guys at time. Give me something like the Arkham games have where you're fighting 5-10 at once. Fighting is fun as hell and looks/sounds amazing, but I wanted more of it!