Thread: Nylander - I'll rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Nylander - I'll rep

Is he for real? I heard people complaining about him on Twitter, defensive stuff but he is producing well this year.

Mind you Marner and Tavares are out, I haven't been following the Leafs closely but how will his deployment look when the team is healthy, and what should we expect from him going forward, rest of season and beyond?

How do people view him vs guys like Boeser and Keller?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Nylander - I'll rep

Leafs fan, here. No more polarizing player in Toronto than Nylander.

Here's your dilemma and probably always will be with him. Wonderfully skilled. One of the weakest least interested in the total game of hockey player I've ever seen. He's hot right now playing with one of the greatest even strength scorers ever. I have no doubt he'll disappear for multiple games at a time. The question is and will be how often will he resurface? Been benched for his total apathy in defending.

You're in a points league. I've seen guys boldly predict 90 points for him. He's been a 60 point guy in the past and if he ever sees 70, I'll be surprised.

One of those tease players. If you're easily seduced (like most of us) then go for it. Love/hate with this guy for me. I think you'll find the same if you add him.

As for deployment, he's been glued to Matthews hip all season. Minus a trade that's where he'll be for ROS unless Babcock gets fired. He's on PP1 right now and some debate whether he belongs on PP1 over Marner due to his better shot. I think he'll go back to PP2 when Marner returns.

He's the subject of trade talks. I hope the Leafs sell high. He'll disappear again soon and may never produce like he has again all season. Not a winning player.

His shooting percentage is a little high. I'd be really intrigued to see him if Babcock gets fired or he gets traded. If you could light a consistent fired under him he could be something fantastic.

EDIT: His 2nd benching and demotion to the 3rd line and subsequent promotion to playing with Tavares has seemingly turned his game around. He looks as engaged as I've ever seen him. This isn't just about his points, but about his total game. Struggled at very beginning with JT for a few shifts but has been different ever since.
    Last edited by DzingelBarries; December 29, 2019 at 7:03 PM.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Nylander - I'll rep

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    Leafs fan, here. No more polarizing player in Toronto than Nylander.

Here's your dilemma and probably always will be with him. Wonderfully skilled. One of the weakest least interested in the total game of hockey player I've ever seen. He's hot right now playing with one of the greatest even strength scorers ever. I have no doubt he'll disappear for multiple games at a time. The question is and will be how often will he resurface? Been benched for his total apathy in defending.

You're in a points league. I've seen guys boldly predict 90 points for him. He's been a 60 point guy in the past and if he ever sees 70, I'll be surprised.

One of those tease players. If you're easily seduced (like most of us) then go for it. Love/hate with this guy for me. I think you'll find the same if you add him.

As for deployment, he's been glued to Matthews hip all season. Minus a trade that's where he'll be for ROS unless Babcock gets fired. He's on PP1 right now and some debate whether he belongs on PP1 over Marner due to his better shot. I think he'll go back to PP2 when Marner returns.

He's the subject of trade talks. I hope the Leafs sell high. He'll disappear again soon and may never produce like he has again all season. Not a winning player
    Good points, but would going from Keller to Hall be worth going from Boeser to Nylander, or would you take your chances with Keller and Boeser? I own Keller and Boeser, just ideally won't want to go into next season with both guys as they're both 2 years right now, so don't want to take my chances with 2 expiring guys. Mind you not end of the world if I do that, but just throwing it out there. I'm sitting in 3rd place, Top 4 place in money but a team below me is missing Landeskog and Rantanen, so I expect a push, even though he's 50 odd points back of me right now.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax